Topics

[MH-list] Truma Combi 4 / Combi 6 Not Working

Bennett Family

In message <gjb799+b63n@...>, johninstrall <johninstrall@...> writes
Hi We have a Truma boiler fitted in a Rapido 992 which has only
worked
intermittently since new, It was purchased in France,
I've dealt with Truma direct and found their technical people very helpful - they also will undertake the work themselves if you visit them.

Truma UK Ltd
Park Lane
Dove Valley Park
South Derbyshire
DE65 5BG
England

Service Tel: +44 (0) 1283 586020
Service Fax: +44 (0) 1283 586029

E-mail: sales@... or technical@...

Web: http://www.trumauk.com

Bennett House

kenny.macdougall

Hi this is the chap that will help you www.arcsystems.biz
Kenny

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 30/12/08 06:33, "kenny" <kenny.macdougall@...> wrote:

I've dealt with Truma direct and found their technical people very
helpful - they also will undertake the work themselves if you visit
them.
I found the very opposite. Everyone was at some caravan show. Nobody was
available to discuss my problem or to dispatch the spares South
Herefordshire Caravans ordered from them. If I remember correctly, S H C
flew the parts in from Germany.

My Message 89822 Oct 2007 was specific: -

It is now 6 days on since S Hereford Service Centre identified the fault and
ordered the basic parts needed from Truma UK. S Hereford even paid for
overnight delivery. The parts were not delivered. In fact, they are on back
order.

S Hereford are now trying desperately to source the parts elsewhere and they
have every hope that they will arrive today.

I emailed Truma a day or so ago to tell them that I was less than happy with
their service. No reply yet. Why am I not surprised?

Unquote

Update - Still no reply. Busy with shows, I suppose.
Bristol

Paul Ramwell <paul_ramwell@...>

Perhaps Truma should be re-named Trauma.that's how it feels!

In message <C57F7FE0.925D%ernb@...>, Ernest <ernb@...> writes

wrote:

I've dealt with Truma direct and found their technical people very
helpful - they also will undertake the work themselves if you visit
them.
I found the very opposite. Everyone was at some caravan show.
They have moved sites in the last few years - so possibly connected.

I've been to both sites - the first time for fitting an electric heating element to the hot water tank on a 2001 Hymer S820 (I think). Then last summer for them to check the air con system on current S830 which Hymer said was OK but failed to lower temp. Answer was that the unit was ok but they way it had been fitted didn't allow sufficient airflow and didn't recirculate the air. Hymer have since rectified this - I think - difficult to tell this weather!

On both occasions they were very obliging, knowledgeable and looked a thoroughly professional outfit. They had demonstration models of all their units set out in a seminar room for dealer training.

Bennett House

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 30/12/08 10:24, "Martin Bennett" <martin@...> wrote:

On both occasions they were very obliging, knowledgeable and looked a
thoroughly professional outfit.
It is the sum of their customers' experiences which counts in the end. I
suppose I came up against Sod's Law as I was wanting to get away to France.
Bristol

Bennett Family

In message <C57FBACC.926A%ernb@...>, Ernest <ernb@...> writes
It is the sum of their customers' experiences which counts in the
end. I
Yes but to the customer it's their individual experience that matters. I know my company do their utmost to satisfy customers, but from time to time, often due to external problems (but not always) we don't provide the service that we would like.

Not only that, if you mess up once for a customer - then invariably something else goes wrong.

I had this scenario just before Christmas - we owed some tablets one evening on a prescription with about 20 items. The person was back first thing the next morning (despite having plenty to be going on with) and because of a bizarre wholesaler problem the item hadn't arrive. We agreed to deliver it. Did so - only for him to discover the sealed pack contained a set of "blisters" with no tablets in any of them! A manufacturing problem.

So he no doubt thinks we are absolutely useless!

Bennett House

Carol Weaver

Martin - we had a similar problem with Boots and in the end they delivered
my missing pills, even though these are prescription drugs they know are
going to be ordered every month, yet every month they don't have them,
necessitating another trip (15 mile round trip) to collect them.....and it
was Christmas, so they did bring them to me..... I know sometimes it is a
supplier problem, but every month!!!

Carol

2008/12/30 Martin Bennett <martin@...>

In message <C57FBACC.926A%ernb@...<C57FBACC.926A%25ernb@...>>,
Ernest <ernb@...>
writes

--
http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider -
from £9.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 30/12/08 13:29, "Carol Weaver" <corconx@...> wrote:

I know sometimes it is a supplier problem, but every month!!!
Modern business practice, Carol. Stocks cost, so stock as little as you can.
Have it delivered the day you expect to sell it, then you have the money in
the bank while the wholesaler waits until the month's end to submit his
invoice and another 30 days for his money. If he's lucky. It is called
logistics.

They got it down to a fine art in motor manufacturing. Literally minutes
between coming in one gate as parts and assemblies and going out of another
as a new built car.
Bristol