[MH-list] SPEED FERRIES STOPPED

Andy Clarke <andy@...>

On 31/10/2008 11:33, Joe Soap wrote:
Just read that Speed Ferries have stopped running to Boulogne from Dover.
Where did you see his? They still appear to be taking bookings.

Andy Clarke
--
www.ukmotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website
www.motorhomemarket.co.uk - The Motorhome Classifieds

Itineris2000@...

"The Times".....Thursday 30th October 08....Page 31.... First Column...
Under " Travel"
... "Speedferries suspended its services between Dover and Boulogne from
28th October".
Customers should contact the company for further information.

Joe Soap

This weeks thursday edition of the Times under Daily Universal Register.

To: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.ukFrom: andy@bm-services.co.ukDate: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:46:12 +0000Subject: Re: [MH-list] SPEED FERRIES STOPPED

On 31/10/2008 11:33, Joe Soap wrote:> Just read that Speed Ferries have stopped running to Boulogne from Dover.> Where did you see his? They still appear to be taking bookings.Andy Clarke-- www.ukmotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Websitewww.motorhomemarket.co.uk - The Motorhome Classifieds

X Factor: latest video, features and more. Click here!
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454063/direct/01/

jcjh123 <john@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, Joe Soap <motorhomer@...> wrote:

This weeks thursday edition of the Times under Daily Universal Register.
I've just had a look at the paper - can't find that item anywhere.
I've found the 'Register' (starts on page 67) but no 'Daily Universal
Register' (that was the original name for the Times - from 1785 to 1787!).

Can you give us a page/column?

John H

jcjh123 <john@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, "jcjh123" <john@...> wrote:

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, Joe Soap <motorhomer@> wrote:

This weeks thursday edition of the Times under Daily Universal
Register.
I've just had a look at the paper - can't find that item anywhere.
I've found the 'Register' (starts on page 67) but no 'Daily Universal
Register' (that was the original name for the Times - from 1785 to
1787!).

Can you give us a page/column?

John H
Sorry John - found it! Page 31.

'Speedferries suspended its sevices between Dover and Boulogne-sur-Mer
from October 28. Customers should contact the company for further
information. fco.gov.uk'

Hover the Speedferries website (http://www.speedferries.com) doesn't
mention anything about 'services suspended'. Strange.

John H

Andy Clarke <andy@...>

On 01/11/2008 08:46, jcjh123 wrote:
[...]

There is a note on the fco.gov.uk website (updated 29th Oct) which states that the reference to Speedferries suspending their ferry services between Dover and Boulogne sur Mer has been removed as they have now resumed.

Some sort of temporary problem I guess.

Andy Clarke
--

Don Madge <don.madge@...>

On 01 November 2008 00:02 Itineris2000@aol.com wrote

"The Times".....Thursday 30th October 08....Page 31.... First Column...
Under " Travel"
... "Speedferries suspended its services between Dover and Boulogne from
28th October".
Customers should contact the company for further information.
I've just spoken to Speedferries and they claim their services are running
as planned. They have no idea were the Times got their info.

Don

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 1/11/08 09:23, "Andy Clarke" <andy@bm-services.co.uk> wrote:

Some sort of temporary problem I guess.
Understandable, with a one boat ferry company.
Bristol