[MH-list] 2 berth with drop down bed?

Pet Human <pethuman@...>

bty851935 wrote:

Thanks for the replies about Gatwick parking.
Next question: last year we saw a new camper with a drop down bed -
but I can't remember what it was. Any clues?
Alison, was it a La Strada Trento?

http://www.lastrada-mobile.de/cms/index.php?id=109

-- Pet Human

derek_sims@...

Thanks for the replies about Gatwick parking.
Next question: last year we saw a new camper with a drop down bed -
but I can't remember what it was. Any clues?
Alison, was it a La Strada Trento?
I suppose it could be any one of a number, but I've just read a review of a Wingamm? Italian small low profile with drop down bed, in the Caravan Club mag. Apparently very good, but expensive.

HTH

Derek

I happen to know Bill Pitts the importer. He said he would do me a special deal but the van didn't suit us. The van does seem to be very well made though.

For a minor importer he has had more than his fair share of write ups in the various mags.

Peter S

I suppose it could be any one of a number, but I've just read a review of a
Wingamm? Italian small low profile with drop down bed, in the Caravan Club
mag.  Apparently very good, but expensive.

Peter, well I had contacted them when he first brought them in, as it looks
very nice and well made and as we live at the opposite sides of the country,
I had asked for a brochure...what 2 years or so later, never did receive
it..... which I didn't think was very good for a new importer.....so
obviously friends get a better deal......

Carol

2008/10/31 PETER STALLWOOD <pstallwood@btinternet.com>

I happen to know Bill Pitts the importer. He said he would do me a special
deal but the van didn't suit us. The van does seem to be very well made
though.

For a minor importer he has had more than his fair share of write ups in
the various mags.

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband Provider -
from £9.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial

bty851935 <revalison@...>

Oh my goodness, the la strada trento looks gorgeous. Yes it was very
much like that one. But as the wingamm in the CC mag is way out of
our price range, I'm guessing the la strada will be too. And as I
think we're going to have on street parking (if you're lucky to get a
space) in Italy, perhaps we just need to look for an old van, so that
when it gets body work scraps, it won't knock off quite so much value!
Alison

Robert Budd <RobertBudd@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, "bty851935" <revalison@...>
wrote:

Oh my goodness, the la strada trento looks gorgeous. Yes it was very
much like that one. But as the wingamm in the CC mag is way out of
our price range, I'm guessing the la strada will be too.

All of these small 2-berth M/Hs look great, BUT, as with so many M/Hs,
the "double" bed is, at most, 135 cm wide, with most of them 'weighing
in' at 130 cm at the widest point. A 4ft bed might be okay for a night
or two, but long-term I'd want at least 5ft (152 cm) and only Hymer
seem to offer anything this big.

Pet Human <pethuman@...>

Robert Budd wrote:
All of these small 2-berth M/Hs look great, BUT, as with so many M/Hs,
the "double" bed is, at most, 135 cm wide, with most of them 'weighing
in' at 130 cm at the widest point. A 4ft bed might be okay for a night
or two, but long-term I'd want at least 5ft (152 cm) and only Hymer
seem to offer anything this big.
What size you need depends partly on what size you are, but also on what
size bed you are used to. A standard-sized double bed in the UK is 4'6"
wide (54inches, or 137 centimetres), and plenty of people manage with
those at home.

Personally, I don't expect a motorhome or campervan to provide the same
amenities as home, so I'm happy to live with a slightly narrower bed (it
still beats sleeping outside in the rain). YMMV

Carol Weaver

Pet I agree. We have a 5' double at home, and the Rapido central bed is
about 135/9 not exactly sure, but we have just spent 8 weeks away in it
without any problem, and I would rather have that than a 70cm single....and
a hard side wall.... (Incidentally neither of us is slim...!!! but we have
been married over 43 years...)

Carol