cruise control, is it worth it?

theberties

I am considering having cruise control fitted, £350ish, is it money
well spent or purely a luxury I can do without

bertie

jtwebb1

I first had a cruise control in a Maxi in the 70's and have used them
ever since. The trigger to getting one was rheumatoid arthritis which
is now not too bad. Many cars come with them as standard of course but
I had one on the previous motorvan and have one on the present
Carthago. I used them when towing a caravan and it sometimes stays
untouched for some hours. Simply would not be without one. They do not
work much below 30mph to avoid problems with pressing the button in an
automatic at idle etc. I do use the up and down buttons to keep
distance on motoways etc.

J T webb

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, "theberties" <theberties@...>
wrote:

I am considering having cruise control fitted, £350ish, is it money
well spent or purely a luxury I can do without

bertie

Mervyn Pickard

Hi Bertie
I have had cruise fitted to several cars over the years and it would
be be right near the top of my prefered options if I was ever in the
lucky position to be buying a new car.

I found I used it all the time. In recent times I have found it
invaluable in 30 limits to keep the speed down and so avoid the speed
cameras.

They take a bit of getting used to, but once mastered, they can
safely be used in most situations.

If you do have one fitted make sure it's one that sets to your speed
and not just a throttle setting. (these are only the cheaper option.

On the other hand I know people who have cruise fitted to their cars
and never use it.

Over to you. You decide!!

Best regards,

Mervyn