From: Vaughan Pitman <vaughan669@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [MH-list] Tens machines
To: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk
Date: Thursday, 23 October, 2008, 2:07 PM

Anyone had any experience of these? Lloyds offer single channel, dual
channel and heated. What advantages do each have? This is a test to
see how many of you are awake on a windy autumnal day. By the way,
paid 114.9 in Auchan Calais on monday for diesel.
Vaughan

Fredthegaffer <fredthegaffer@...>

Jesus that's a nightmare.
Mike have you had any word? How are you coping?
Fred

In Cambrils, Spain it´s €1.05.9 per litre.

Weather crap, rain 12 degrees C. still never mind, no van now, stolen on the 21st with all our gear, everything, including dog and cat in residence. They were very quick, only 700 metres away in tourist office.

Mike H.

Colomane

Anyone had any experience of these? Lloyds offer single channel, dual
channel and heated. What advantages do each have? This is a test to
see how many of you are awake on a windy autumnal day. By the way,
paid 114.9 in Auchan Calais on monday for diesel.
Vaughan

Michael Hambleton

Hi Fred,

Well third degree from insurance company, no change of clothes, have had ok to buy from travel insurance, they say we can spend up to GBP 2000 for these, and only up to GBP 500 for things like cameras/laptops etc. er 3 laptops ( GBP 1600) 2 cameras ( GBP 700) so what about all the other items? Also the Dog and the Cat have gone too! more concerned with these than the van, we stayed a night in a hotel (€80 per night) now we can stay a bit longer up to GBP 500 for this, glad I took out the travel insurance for us. We hired a car for three days, but can get it for longer, Consulate General wants €75 for temp passport valid for 1 week, or €165 for a replacement plus €40 for courier delivery. Great holiday eh!

We were about 700 metres away from the van in the tourist office, didn´t hear anything, came back about 35/45 mins later and it was gone.

Just had the Trakvision R4 and decoder fitted, fridge service from searg, great job by the way, fully stocked with food for the duration.

 Mike Hambleton,

Colomane.

Fredthegaffer <fredthegaffer@...>

Does it have any kind of tracking device fitted? I'm hoping for a ray of light here.
My insurance is the same and I'm busy finding out more, as I have £5000 worth of photo equipment in here, and the satellite of course.
I'll be hopefully getting seperate insurance for them later.
As you said if my dog went, that would be the biggest blow.
They do say there's an 'injectable' gps for animals, don't know how true this is but it makes me want to check it out now before I move anywhere.
I hope things get better for you Mike.
Regards

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 23/10/08 14:12, "Michael Hambleton" <mikehambleton@btinternet.com> wrote:

no van now, stolen on the 21st with all our gear, everything, including dog
and cat in residence. They were very quick, only 700 metres away in tourist
office.
My sympathies, Mike. Rotten trick in anyone's book. I suppose your dog gave
the thief a good licking. I only hope that the tale will not be compounded
by unnecessary cruelty or violence to your pets.

What van was it? Did it have an immobiliser or alarm fitted? This may make
other owners aware of any shortcomings in their own security.

Mine has a StrikeBack alarm with the text message option. I think that it
may make it easier to track - providing the villains do not wreck the phone
bit.

I can only wish you a speedy resolution to your loss either with your van's
recovery in good order, or a sympathetic hassle-free pay out from your
insurers.
Bristol

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 23/10/08 14:12, "Michael Hambleton" <mikehambleton@btinternet.com> wrote:

including dog and cat in residence.
I meant to add;

Is the dog chipped? Part of the pet's passport requirement, is it not?
Surely the chip would be detected if it turns up in some dogs' home. Then,
we only have to hope that the UK ID numbers are accessible to the Spanish
and you will be traced.

Again, good luck.
Bristol

Michael Hambleton

Hi Ern,

Yes they can scan the microchips and access them for the numbers, but a slight problem, they have to ring the UK for the owners address.

They have all our phone numbers including the UK ones, the Guardia Civil also has the chip numbers and mobile numbers.

As of 17.50 Spanish time, no trace of anything.

Mike H.

Is the dog chipped? Part of the pet's passport requirement, is it not?
Surely the chip would be detected if it turns up in some dogs' home. Then,
we only have to hope that the UK ID numbers are accessible to the Spanish
and you will be traced.

Again, good luck.
Bristol

Michael Hambleton

Ern,

They are very good at getting over security devices, one went a while ago with a tracker and wheel lock fitted, and chained steering wheel, I was told today of one that was taken with a removeable steering wheel, and a 125 decible alarm/immobiliser fitted, and they were in the next street, what about that then.

Mike H.

On 24/10/08 16:53, "Michael Hambleton" <mikehambleton@btinternet.com> wrote:

They are very good at getting over security devices, one went a while ago with
a tracker and wheel lock fitted, and chained steering wheel, I was told today
of one that was taken with a removeable steering wheel, and a 125 decible
alarm/immobiliser fitted, and they were in the next street, what about that
then.
If they want it, I think that there will always be a way. I always find it
incredible that the good guys are always playing catch-up. And from such a
long way behind. So far, my very expensive Strike-Back alarm has seen the
thieves away, but not before they have broken the windows. Losses to date
are a radio controlled clock and a rear view monitor. Pennies worth compared
to the cost of the damned windows. Let alone the hassle.

Has anyone ever lost a van fitted with a Strike-Back?
Bristol