[MH-list] EHIC (European Health Insurance Card)

Gerry Harris

Don Madge wrote:
I was under the impression that the EHIC was valid for five years but
following a thread on MHF it appears some are only valid for three years.

As they came into force on the 31st December 2005 and they were issued from
September 2005 some could now be out of date.

So if you are planning to travel shortly get em checked.

Don
What is the expiration date on the bottom right hand corner?
My Spanish issued EHIC has an expiration date, don't the UK issued ones
have an expiration date?
Perhaps
you've never looked.
Cheers
Gerry

Don Madge <don.madge@...>

On Wed 15 October 2008 20:04 Gerry wrote

What is the expiration date on the bottom right hand corner?
My Spanish issued EHIC has an expiration date, don't the UK issued ones
have an expiration date?
Perhaps
you've never looked.
Cheers
Gerry,

I don't have a problem mine runs out in Oct 2010 five years after it was
issued.

I posted the info just to warn people to check their expiry date in case
like me they thought all cards lasted five years. It appears some peoples
cards are only valid for three years.

Don

Peter R. Thornton

Don Madge wrote:

On Wed 15 October 2008 20:04 Gerry wrote

What is the expiration date on the bottom right hand corner?
My Spanish issued EHIC has an expiration date, don't the UK issued ones
have an expiration date?
Perhaps
you've never looked.
Cheers
Gerry,

I don't have a problem mine runs out in Oct 2010 five years after it was
issued.

I posted the info just to warn people to check their expiry date in case
like me they thought all cards lasted five years. It appears some peoples
cards are only valid for three years.

Don

Thank you Don,
Just checked mine elapsed 01/10/2008. Hadn't given it a thought. Renewed online this AM.

Peter

Tim Atkinson

FWIW My UK issued one is set to expire in Feb 2011 which would make it to have been valid for 5 years as I got it in presumably Feb 2006

Cheers

--Tim

Gerry wrote:

Don Madge wrote:
I was under the impression that the EHIC was valid for five years but
following a thread on MHF it appears some are only valid for three
years.

As they came into force on the 31st December 2005 and they were
issued from
September 2005 some could now be out of date.

So if you are planning to travel shortly get em checked.

Don
What is the expiration date on the bottom right hand corner?
My Spanish issued EHIC has an expiration date, don't the UK issued ones
have an expiration date?
Perhaps
you've never looked.
Cheers
Gerry

Mine is valid until Nov 2010 and I got mine as soon as they came out.

Are they giving variable renewal dates to spread the load when they come to need renewing?

Peter S