[MH-list] Water Tank - Level Warning


Andy Clarke <andy@...>
 

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:00:44 +0100, KaraPaul wrote:

Hi Folks
On my control panel, the red light indicating PRIMARY WATER TANK < 1/4
is permanently lit even when the tank is full.
I have "felt around" ! inside the tank and I can feel 2 small nuts and
bolts about an inch apart at the point where 2 wires attach to the outside
of the tank - approx. 1/4 distance up from the bottom. This must be the
sender unit location. Does anyone know how these sender units function ?
Is it some kind of resistance detection (depending on whether or not the
water covers the terminals) or is it usually a kind of float system (which
on mine has possibly been removed)? .... if so, where can I get a
replacement?
It's probably resistive, the circuit is broken when the level drops
leaving the top contact above the water level. I would suspect that there
is a break in the wiring somewhere - failing that, there could be a
fault in the electronics that control the warning light.


Also, many thanks to all who replied to my posting a couple of weeks ago
RE: Silver Screen Material (which I have still not been able to source).
CAK list the material for internal screens in their catalogue:

Part No: BX5L15, 1.5m wide, 23.43 per metre.

They also do the edging tape and suction cups.

Contact phone: 0870 757 2324


--
Andy Clarke - Motorhome List Owner

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net - Free Motorhome Classifieds and more!


KaraPaul <PB2000@...>
 

Paul wrote:
On my control panel, the red light indicating PRIMARY WATER TANK < 1/4
is permanently lit even when the tank is full.
Andy Wrote:
It's probably resistive, the circuit is broken when the level drops
leaving the top contact above the water level. I would suspect that there
is a break in the wiring somewhere - failing that, there could be a
fault in the electronics that control the warning light.

Thanks Andy ..... However, the 2 terminals are positioned horizontally.
Does this mean that it can't be resistive ?


Simon Whitehead
 

It can still be resistive since the resistance is between the two contacts and providing they are both underwater there will be a measurable resistance.
Simon
On 28 Apr 2004, at 16:41, KaraPaul wrote:

Paul wrote:
On my control panel, the red light indicating PRIMARY WATER TANK < 1/4
is permanently lit even when the tank is full.
Andy Wrote:
It's probably resistive, the circuit is broken when the level drops
leaving the top contact above the water level. I would suspect that there
is a break in the wiring somewhere - failing that, there could be a
fault in the electronics that control the warning light.

Thanks Andy ..... However, the 2 terminals are positioned horizontally.
Does this mean that it can't be resistive ?
Simon Whitehead
s.whitehead@iee.org


Andy Clarke <andy@...>
 

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:14:52 +0100, Simon Whitehead wrote:

It can still be resistive since the resistance is between the two
contacts and providing they are both underwater there will be a
measurable resistance.
That's just what I was going to say...... :-)

--
Andy Clarke - Motorhome List Owner

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net - Free Motorhome Classifieds and more!