[MH-list] Water Tank - Level Warning

Chrislyn2602@...

In a message dated 28/04/2004 12:01:33 GMT Standard Time, PB2000@ic24.net
writes:

Also, many thanks to all who replied to my posting a couple of weeks ago
RE: Silver Screen Material (which I have still not been able to source).

There was a stand at Peterborouigh that had the stuff (quilted ) on a roll -
presumably so you could buy - I'll see if I can dig out the show plan and
work out what the stand was - if anyone else remembers what it was called it was
very near to the entertainment hall entrance -
Lynne in Carlisle

Simon Whitehead

It sounds like you have the resistive type of sensor. It is quite possible that the wire has "dropped off" somewhere. On my old MH it was the earth wire that had parted.
trace both wires to their ends and that could be the cause.
It is also possible that the electronic part has failed but that is less likely as the sort of basic electronic device is normally very reliable.

Simon Whitehead

On 28 Apr 2004, at 12:00, KaraPaul wrote:

Hi Folks
On my control panel, the red light indicating PRIMARY WATER TANK < 1/4
is permanently lit even when the tank is full.
I have "felt around" ! inside the tank and I can feel 2 small nuts and
bolts about an inch apart at the point where 2 wires attach to the outside
of the tank - approx. 1/4 distance up from the bottom. This must be the
sender unit location. Does anyone know how these sender units function ?
Is it some kind of resistance detection (depending on whether or not the
water covers the terminals) or is it usually a kind of float system (which
on mine has possibly been removed)? .... if so, where can I get a
replacement?
Although this is not an essential item, it is niggling me so if anyone has
any idea of what I am waffling about, I would appreciate advice to help me
to get it working correctly.

Also, many thanks to all who replied to my posting a couple of weeks ago
RE: Silver Screen Material (which I have still not been able to source).

Cheers
Paul
LHD 98R Weinsberg Toskana 100 - 2.5Tdi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ktVolB/TM

Simon Whitehead
s.whitehead@iee.org

KaraPaul <PB2000@...>

-
presumably so you could buy - I'll see if I can dig out the show plan and
work out what the stand was - if anyone else remembers what it was called
it was
very near to the entertainment hall entrance -
Lynne in Carlisle
Thanks Lynne - yes, the thin quilted silver screen blind material is exactly
what I need (just a piece approx. 2'6" x 5'). Good luck with your search.
Cheers Paul (on the Wirral)

Bob Ward <WardR2@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, Chrislyn2602@a... wrote:
PB2000@i...
writes:
There was a stand at Peterborouigh that had the stuff (quilted ) on
a roll -
presumably so you could buy - I'll see if I can dig out the show
plan and
work out what the stand was - if anyone else remembers what it was
called it was
very near to the entertainment hall entrance -
Lynne in Carlisle
Paul/Lynne,
I have checked the layout at Peterborough Show and the "Taylormade"
stand (No. 112) was just in front of the entertainment building. This
was probably the one selling the silver screen material.
www.taylormade-window-covers.co.uk
tel. 01484 661918
fax. 01484 661918

Hope this helps,