Topics

[MH-list] Re: Fiat or Ford

paul phipps <pphipps@...>

David said......."The problem with the intermittent power loss took 9 visits over a
period of 5 months before it was finally put to rest."

and what did the problem turn out to be David?

paul phipps <pphipps@...>

David said ......"The problem was a faulty potentiometer"

Thanks David - noted for future reference!

DABurleigh <daburleigh@...>

I can't comment on the Ford but my 2002 Hymer BC544 based on a 2.8
JTD Maxi 18 chassis has been in with a Fiat service agent more than
once per month on average for the last 13 months.
David,

Wow. A thorny problem or 13 different ones? With a record like that I'm
surprised it doesn't come with GPS as standard with a single button to route
to the nearest Fiat garage!

Dave

David McMillan

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, "DABurleigh" <daburleigh@n...>
wrote:
I can't comment on the Ford but my 2002 Hymer BC544 based on a 2.8
JTD Maxi 18 chassis has been in with a Fiat service agent more than
once per month on average for the last 13 months.
David,

Wow. A thorny problem or 13 different ones? With a record like that
I'm
surprised it doesn't come with GPS as standard with a single button
to route
to the nearest Fiat garage!

Dave

Dave

Only 4, possibly 5 - I haven't had confirmation on whether the wipers
fall under the Hymer warranty or the Fiat warranty.

The problem with the intermittent power loss took 9 visits over a
period of 5 months before it was finally put to rest.

David

Buff Eagle <buff@...>

The problem with the intermittent power loss took 9 visits over a
period of 5 months before it was finally put to rest.
David

"Put to rest" sounds a bit terminal :0(

U32npave@...

Dear Richard
We have a Fiat Ducato 2.8 TD and have owned this for two years without a
problem
I'm touching wood here
Regards Ursula

David McMillan

This has been documented previously on this news group by Stephen
Buckley (AFAIR). The problem was a faulty potentiometer on the
accelerator. Although this was diagnosed and replaced the problem was
not cured because they failed to clear the memory of the EMS. When
advised of this they pointed a finger of suspicion at the cruise
control, claiming it was causing the problem. This then had to be
disconnected to prove that it wasn't the cause. In the end they had
to bring an expert over to NI from Fiat GB. The whole story is too
long to print here but it would make a good Brian Rix Farce!

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, "paul phipps" <pphipps@c...>