[MH-list] Advice on buying abroad, please.

BobbiLeFylde@...

hi mate... am considering the same...... I'm willing to let you have all the
info I've collected over the past year if'n you wanna exchange ideas away from
this (what seems to be) a private chat room between a dozen or so "regulars"
(some of whom, nevertheless, have been helpful). I fly to Hamburg in sept.
with £10/15,000 to peruse the market. Privately, I'll let you know how I fare.
regards

Voxy

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, BobbiLeFylde@a... wrote:
exchange ideas away from this (what seems to be) a private chat room
between a dozen or so "regulars"

-------------------

Ooooh, temper temper Bobbi.... Control those hormones!!
Maybe nobody knows the anwer to your questions, or can't be bothered
to answer to your 'upperty' attitude.

The only advice I can give is with the euro/sterling exchange rate so
bad at present, you might find it just as cheap and less hassle to
shop in Britain.
Voxy.

Alan Cocks <aec@...>

In article <bblrg8+h86m@eGroups.com>, Voxy <voxol51@yahoo.co.uk> writes
the euro/sterling exchange rate so
bad at present, you might find it just as cheap and less hassle to
shop in Britain
yes, and it is fairly easy to use the internet to survey the continental
second hand market for availability and prices. even with the euro at a
better rate than it is now (weak dollar etc) I chose to look carefully
at deepcar - and recently ended up buying (german) there.

--
Alan Cocks Berkshire UK
Hymer-specific list: myhymer@yahoogroups.com

BobbiLeFylde@...

... I don't have hormonal troubles (and I did comment that some people on
this site had been helpful). However, it seems VERY cliqueish. Anyway, re the
'bad' exchange rate. It would only be REALLY bad if the Euro cost in excess of
80p. At the moment, its around 71.9. And, the US economy seems on the up (which
means ours will follow suit). Added to this, when you're buying gebrauchte,
or used, the German equivalent of our MOT is 4 times as stringent - so if you
buy thru a German dealer, you're getting a pretty 'safe' deal. Plus, if you
want double double protection on things like engine & gearbox, private
warranties are readily available. Finally, as a widely-travelled individual, I can
assure you that "rip-off Britain" is alive and well, especially when it comes to
potential M/H (or any vehicle) buyers.

Hilary

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, BobbiLeFylde@a... wrote:
hi mate... am considering the same...... I'm willing to let you
have all the
info I've collected over the past year if'n you wanna exchange
ideas away from
this (what seems to be) a private chat room between a dozen or
so "regulars"
(some of whom, nevertheless, have been helpful).
Just think how quiet it would be without them, though! ;-)) If it
seems 'cliqueish' between the regulars, Bobbi, it's only because
there's a level of familiarity and humour which is shared by like-
minded people who correspond here regularly. I mean, with over a
thousand members, there's an awful lot of people who haven't popped
up from lurking, and yet we still seem to hang on to them. I imagine
what keeps ~some~ of them here is not just the straightforward down-
to-earth advice, but also that some of us - ok, I can only speak for
myself here - are living evidence that we're not all locked up yet....

I've never met quite a lot of the people with whom I've corresponded
on a regular basis - both on and off the List - but I look forward to
getting the chance.

I fly to Hamburg in sept.
with £10/15,000 to peruse the market. Privately, I'll let you know
how I fare.
regards
Well, there y'go....why set up a clique of your own when some of
would really like to know how you get on? If you can get a good deal
and are happy with it, why keep the news to yourself and one other,
when there's over 900 who might also be interested? What sort of
information have you collected - what's guiding your decision? I'm
sure these things are interesting to those of us who wish we had more
time to devote to it!

And don't worry about those hormones...I'm sure Voxy knows all about
the andropause....the male menopause! ;-D

Hilary

BobbiLeFylde@...

Dear Hilary,
I just knew you'd have the answer to all the troubles on his site. I wish I
had the time that you seem to have to devote to it! luv you Hilary!

Alan Cocks <aec@...>

In article <1a8.1520ccfd.2c10e295@aol.com>, BobbiLeFylde@aol.com writes
when you're buying gebrauchte, or used, the German equivalent of
our MOT is 4 times as stringent - so if you buy thru a German dealer,
you're getting a pretty 'safe' deal.
For German registration documents there is aslo an extra significance.
Unlike the UK versions, the German document is a legal title to the
vehicle. Non of this UK risk of registered to tom but dick or harry has
first call from a loan tom took out!