[MH-list] Re: Stephen Buckley

Dick Lane Garage

Hello everybody
I'm pleased to say that I am over the worst (ophthalmic shingles) now and on the road to recovery. I'm told there should be no
permanent damage to my sight or my hearing, so that's a great relief because I actually lost my sight in one eye for several hours.
Not a pleasant experience! Still on pain killers but back at work for a few hours a day.

I would like to thank everyone who sent me their 'get well' wishes, whether by e-mail, SMS text message, or by phone and by
snail-mail, and in particular

Nigel
Mark
Hilary
Ernie Bull
Vin Rigby
David McMillan (I've got some Hymer bits for you, David)
Alan
Ray Hankey and Julie
Marty
Trevor Mace
Mick Estridge
Stuart (still retired)
Stewart and Julie
Paul
Capt David Magee

and others.

I am deeply touched by your concern for my well being.

Now I see I have several hundred posts to read and catch up on!

If anyone out there is still waiting for a reply from me about anything, please send me a reminder as otherwise it may take me a
day or two to realise.

Thanks again, everyone.

Regards

Stephen - Dick Lane Motorhomes
Leeds - Bradford

Nick

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Lane Garage"
<motorhomes@d...> wrote:

Hello everybody
I'm pleased to say that I am over the worst (ophthalmic
shingles) now and on the road to recovery. I'm told there should
be no
permanent damage to my sight or my hearing, so that's a great
relief because I actually lost my sight in one eye for several
hours.
Not a pleasant experience! Still on pain killers but back at work
for a few hours a day.
Regards

Stephen - Dick Lane Motorhomes
Leeds - Bradford
Pleased to hear that you are recovering well Stephen, welcome
back on board.
Nick.

Hilary

<motorhomes@d...> wrote:

Hello everybody
I'm pleased to say that I am over the worst (ophthalmic shingles)
now and on the road to recovery. I'm told there should be no
permanent damage to my sight or my hearing, so that's a great
relief because I actually lost my sight in one eye for several hours.
Not a pleasant experience! Still on pain killers but back at work
for a few hours a day.
The present Bishop of Lincoln used to be our parish priest (I was the
organist at one of the churches he had to look after), and Archdeacon
of the Diocese of Ludlow when we lived in Shropshire. Before he came
to us he explained that he had had trouble with one eye and couldn't
see out of it any more, and also he didn't always hear everything
that was said clearly - although personally, I think he could have
heard a pin drop at fifty yards! So when he was 'promoted' to
Archdeacon, in his sermon at the service he expained all this along
with the role of Archdeacon, who has to look after the fabric of the
churches in the diocese and oversee and agree to any changes made to
the buildings and contents - amongst other things. He said he was in
an excellent position to be able to turn a blind eye to some things
and a deaf ear to others.....! :-))

But in the trade you're in, Stephen, you can't afford to do either,
so I'm glad you're well on the road to recovery. Take it steady!

Hilary

ernb <ernb@...>

I'm pleased to say that I am over the worst (ophthalmic shingles) ... I'm
told there should be no
permanent damage to my sight or my hearing,
Good show, Stephen. Welcome back.

Ernie Bull

Marty <camping.car@...>

Welcome back, hope the pains stay away!
M.
-- The Camper House, sole UK importers of new Autostars & approved used
Autostar imports via network .
-- Tel. 01865 427900. Fax 01865 427576. P.O. Box Oxford 432, Oxford, OX2
9WJ.
-- http://www.thecamperhouse.co.uk e-mail to enquiries@thecamperhouse.co.uk
-- All comments herein are only the personal comments or opinions of the
author.