[MH-list] Gas storage tanks

Don Madge <donmadge@...>

On Wed 04 June 2003 19:07:00 Dave wrote

Don suggested Robin Dumpleton above as a source of supply for a fitted LPG
tank. I have been trying to contact Robin (for nearly 3 weeks) at work, by
email and a message on his mobile to have a dual fuel tank fitted to my
Hymer. As yet he has not got back to me so I am assume he is not doing this
work any longer ­ unless someone knows differently!!!!!! I really did want
to give him the business.
Dave,
I have been unable to contact Robin.

I spoke to somebody who rents part of the same workshop and they are
unaware of his whereabouts.

Regards

Don

Voxy

My mucker Bertie has just had a gas tank fitted to his bus.
Price included a tank full of gas.
He had it done in Gloucester, I know that's not very near Merseyside
but it's the only one I know.
They took 2 days, but allowed Bertie to stay in the bus on their
premises overnight with hook up, and supplied a courtesy car for use
during the day.
If you want further details, contact Alan (Bertie) Bassett through
his posts on this forum.
Voxy.

Don Madge <donmadge@...>

On Wed 04 June 2003 19:07:00 Dave wrote

Don suggested Robin Dumpleton above as a source of supply for a fitted LPG
tank. I have been trying to contact Robin (for nearly 3 weeks) at work, by
email and a message on his mobile to have a dual fuel tank fitted to my
Hymer. As yet he has not got back to me so I am assume he is not doing this
work any longer ­ unless someone knows differently!!!!!! I really did want
to give him the business.
Dave,
I'll go and check out his workshop tomorrow.

He might just be away on holiday in his van.

Regards

Don

Dave McGarry <d.mcgarry@...>

On Fri 30 May 2003 12:12:56 Tony wrote

I saw in one of the M/van magazines an advert for gas storage tanks
permanently mounted (for domestic use rather than Vehicle fuel) about
£250 or so. I am now unable to find the advert,
Tony,
Are you thinking of an LPG tank (cost about £500) usually bolted or fixed to
the chassis
or such like or a refillable LPG bottle (cost about £220) that can be

Robin Dumpleton Ace AutoGas at Scunthorpe robin.dumpleton1@btopenworld.com
Don suggested Robin Dumpleton above as a source of supply for a fitted LPG
tank. I have been trying to contact Robin (for nearly 3 weeks) at work, by
email and a message on his mobile to have a dual fuel tank fitted to my
Hymer. As yet he has not got back to me so I am assume he is not doing this
work any longer ­ unless someone knows differently!!!!!! I really did want
to give him the business.

As a follow on does anyone know of a reasonably priced quality supplier of
said tank within reasonable distance of Merseyside?

Dave McGarry

tonyishuk <nonny_mouse@...>

Tony
Are you thinking of an LPG tank (cost about £500) usually bolted or
fixed to
the chassis
or such like or a refillable LPG bottle (cost about £220) that can
===============

Thanks for the reply,

This weekends job was to investigate if I could could fit a 13kg and
6 kg propane, in the gas locker. ( was 2 X 6 kg bottles)

Pleased to say that I can, so I can now get cheaper refills whilst
thinking on other options. Tight fit through the door, but I can get
both in .

Tony Ish UK

Don Madge <donmadge@...>

On Fri 30 May 2003 12:12:56 Tony wrote

I saw in one of the M/van magazines an advert for gas storage tanks
permanently mounted (for domestic use rather than Vehicle fuel) about
£250 or so. I am now unable to find the advert,
Tony,
Are you thinking of an LPG tank (cost about £500) usually bolted or fixed to
the chassis
or such like or a refillable LPG bottle (cost about £220) that can be
secured in your gas bottle locker.
The refillable gas bottles (usually 13kgs) can have an external filling
point which saves having
to remove the bottle every time it needs refilling. Both systems can be
refilled at any garage
selling LPG.

I know of three places were you can get either.

TB Turbos of Lancaster.

Robin Dumpleton Ace AutoGas at Scunthorpe robin.dumpleton1@btopenworld.com

Richard Cecil MTH Autogas at the Forest of Dean area. autogas
motorhome@virgin.net or Tel: 01594 563538 Mobile: 07763 958081

I know Robin and Richard both do a very good job and will be a lot cheaper
than TB Turbos.

You can check out the refillable gas bottle on TB Turdos website
http://www.tb-turbo.co.uk/shop/6/10/index.htm

I hope this helps. Sorry I don't no anybody in the SE.
Regards

Don