Topics

Wild camping in France now illegal?

Alan Cocks <aec@...>

I see in C&C magazine May 2003 issue that a recent French law has made
wild camping illegal in France. Is this taking people by surprise, or
has it been expected?
--
Alan Cocks Berkshire UK

chrismartinson1949 <chris.martinson@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.com, Alan Cocks <aec@c...> wrote:
I see in C&C magazine May 2003 issue that a recent French law has
made
wild camping illegal in France. Is this taking people by surprise,
or
has it been expected?
--
Alan Cocks Berkshire UK
Alan, I had no problems at all wild camping in France over the Bank
Holiday but we were carefully looked at by the gendames on more than
one occasion. Whether there is a law or not, as in the UK, I would
have thought the police would not bother you if you park sensibly
and not create a nuisance.
Chris

Stuart <gwenstuart2002@...>

wild camping illegal in France
--
Alan, I thought wild camping had been illegal in France for years!
Mainly because of the fire risk in summer from cooking outside. It is

Trevor Mace <macet416@...>

Just come back from Ile de Re and wild camped 7 out of 9 nights, but it was
difficult! We were moved on once by a stroppy frenchman and there were
plenty of signs around saying no wild camping - however the Tourist Office
gave information about locations were it was possible for just one night
(was this out of date info?)

Trevor Mace
CI Itaca www.abacus-web.co.uk