2001 Hymer B544 water solenoid

David McGarry

Having a problem with water not stop flowing into toilet cassette, when a tap is turned on. I think it's the solenoid valve which is somewhere behind panelling in toilet area. Now that Peter Hambilton has retired anyone know of a reliable place to get it looked at?
Dave

Richard

I feel that most times it is visible and accessible after removing the
cassette. Is it full flow or a trickle? It could just be grit on the
valve seat. If the valve is duff it is really not a difficult item to
replace. Where in the country are you?
Richard

On 26/07/2019 08:32, David McGarry via Groups.Io wrote:
Having a problem with water not stop flowing into toilet cassette,
when a tap is turned on. I think it's the solenoid valve which is
somewhere behind panelling in toilet area. Now that Peter Hambilton
has retired anyone know of a reliable place to get it looked at?
Dave

Andy Clarke

Assume it's a Thetford toilet with electric flush from the main water supply, not a separate tank.

I had a similar problem s few years ago, from memory it's a bit tricky to replace the valve, but there were, I  think, instructions on the Thetford website.

I sourched an identical valve from a washing machine parts supplier at about half the price of the Thetford part.

Any competent caravan or motorhome repair shop should be able to do the job.

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 08:32 David McGarry via Groups.Io, <d.mcgarry=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Having a problem with water not stop flowing into toilet cassette, when a tap is turned on. I think it's the solenoid valve which is somewhere behind panelling in toilet area. Now that Peter Hambilton has retired anyone know of a reliable place to get it looked at?
Dave

Alan Morris

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 14:26, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@gmail.com> wrote:

Any competent caravan or motorhome repair shop should be able to do the job.
As the OP wrote, finding a *competent* person is the biggest problem.

Alan.

Steve

Where abouts are you?

Steve.

David McGarry

Oops! Forgot to say we are in Southport, so north west, which was great to use Peter Hambilton (Preston), so if anyone knows anyone in reasonable distance i’d be grateful. Yes, Andy, it is a Thetford and I believe it is the same solenoid valve used on washing machines. I’ll look at the Thetford web site, thanks.
Dave McGarry

Nigel Owen

Dave:

We've had excellent service from Leisuretech in Clitheroe if it's not too far for you.

http://www.leisuretechonline.co.uk/

01200 442277

Nigel.

On 27/07/2019 09:37, David McGarry via Groups.Io wrote:
Oops! Forgot to say we are in Southport, so north west, which was great to use Peter Hambilton (Preston), so if anyone knows anyone in reasonable distance i’d be grateful. Yes, Andy, it is a Thetford and I believe it is the same solenoid valve used on washing machines. I’ll look at the Thetford web site, thanks.
Dave McGarry
Attachments:
smime.p7s: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/100513/0

Keith Smith

David, you could try Rhino Installs, Bamber Bridge (https://www.rhinoinstalls.co.uk/), good reputation, has done a couple of jobs on my van, well pleased. Shame Peter retired, he’ll be missed, but he had to finish at some point...
Keith