Date   

Re: Sat Navs

Carol Weaver
 

Thanks Tim for link. 😳

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 19:58, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
All you Garmin lovers, did you know that the US company - which
specializes in GPS technology not only for road use but also aviation,
marine, sport activities as well as wearable technology - has been
hacked resulting in data breaches and it going off line for about five
days?

https://www.reviewgeek.com/48805/garmins-recent-outage-revealed-gaping-holes-in-its-security-and-communication/

Tim



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: Sat Navs

timsinc Sinclair
 

All you Garmin lovers, did you know that the US company - which
specializes in GPS technology not only for road use but also aviation,
marine, sport activities as well as wearable technology - has been
hacked resulting in data breaches and it going off line for about five
days?

https://www.reviewgeek.com/48805/garmins-recent-outage-revealed-gaping-holes-in-its-security-and-communication/

Tim


Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Steve Pyke
 

Hi
 We tried bio washing tablets a while ago in a hot summer but now use OneChem concentrated which only needs 20ml and claims to be bio friendly, although they also do a probiotic version now. A litre lasts ages and we very occasionally add a second dose after a couple of days if it's hot but usually empty the cassette after three days max as we very rarely use site loos. I buy two bottles for about £18 from a well known online store.

We found the Thetford products more expensive and smellier. We have a Dometic cassette loo without a separate flush water tank.

Steve

Visit our website http://motorhomeandaway.com


Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Carol Weaver
 

We have a SOG and use nothing. Can be dumped anywhere. After all it’s only a bulk delivery 😂😘

Carol

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 16:07, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Andy,

On the bright side - if you can smell it then there’s less chance that you have Covid!

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 15:24, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:


I've been using Lidl Formil liquid, can't say I'm over impressed with it. Put a couple of capfulls in after emptying then need to put another 2 in after a couple of days or so.

Andy Clarke 

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:52 Bennett Family via groups.io, <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Apparently any bio ones work, I’m using Persil at the moment because that’s what we use for the clothes. 

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 14:16, Lenvee Hughes <lenvee@...> wrote:



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Bennett Family
 

Andy,

On the bright side - if you can smell it then there’s less chance that you have Covid!

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 15:24, Andy Clarke <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:


I've been using Lidl Formil liquid, can't say I'm over impressed with it. Put a couple of capfulls in after emptying then need to put another 2 in after a couple of days or so.

Andy Clarke 

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:52 Bennett Family via groups.io, <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Apparently any bio ones work, I’m using Persil at the moment because that’s what we use for the clothes. 

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 14:16, Lenvee Hughes <lenvee@...> wrote:




Re: Sat Navs

Bennett Family
 

Tim,

I might try that as my old ToMTom Truck (700?) is no longer supported and with the European maps loaded it locks up if you ever go off route. I’ve recently disconnected it and reverted to Garmin NuviCam (which doesn’t accept vehicle size) so I need to “keep alert” as others keep telling me!

Martin

On 28 Jul 2020, at 15:36, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

On 28/07/2020, Brian Reay via groups.io <g8osn=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
One major attraction over the TomTom is the update procedure. ...Not only is it [Garmin] FAR quicker than the
TomTom (even with very fast Internet, our TomToms took AGES to update
TomTom have very recently addressed that. It was down to the map size
- like western Europe (inc UK, Ireland) was 7/8gb. Now you can
download really much smaller maps, like only south-east England in
minutes. For now (Covid times) I have downloaded only all the separate
maps for the UK. Took about 20 minutes using only 4g data connection.

Tim



Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

timsinc Sinclair
 

Thetford toilet fluid or sachets.

Tim


Re: Sat Navs

timsinc Sinclair
 

On 28/07/2020, Brian Reay via groups.io <g8osn=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
One major attraction over the TomTom is the update procedure. ...Not only is it [Garmin] FAR quicker than the
TomTom (even with very fast Internet, our TomToms took AGES to update
TomTom have very recently addressed that. It was down to the map size
- like western Europe (inc UK, Ireland) was 7/8gb. Now you can
download really much smaller maps, like only south-east England in
minutes. For now (Covid times) I have downloaded only all the separate
maps for the UK. Took about 20 minutes using only 4g data connection.

Tim


Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Andy Clarke
 

I've been using Lidl Formil liquid, can't say I'm over impressed with it. Put a couple of capfulls in after emptying then need to put another 2 in after a couple of days or so.

Andy Clarke 

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:52 Bennett Family via groups.io, <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Apparently any bio ones work, I’m using Persil at the moment because that’s what we use for the clothes. 

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 14:16, Lenvee Hughes <lenvee@...> wrote:




Re: Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Bennett Family
 

Apparently any bio ones work, I’m using Persil at the moment because that’s what we use for the clothes. 

Martin


On 28 Jul 2020, at 14:16, Lenvee Hughes <lenvee@...> wrote:




Hi All Can members please tell me what they put in their cassettes . I was advised by the list to put bio tablets from lidl but they dont sell them anymore Than kyou for your help.Lenvee

Lenvee Hughes
 



Re: was Waste disposal now Wild Camping/Aires

Sandytrax
 

“It seems to be a more common in the UK, litter etc is something you see far less of in Europe”

There’s lots of litter in Greece! Litter along most roads and at beauty spots, stunning views, lots of litter of all kinds. Used toilet paper, condoms, and other delights. The better the view, the better place for fly tipping!!

I doubt it’s caused by motorhomers! 


I was wondering why and thought that maybe the Keep Britain Tidy campaign had a positive effect. Maybe it needs reviving.

Happy travels!
Brian


On 28 Jul 2020, at 14:41, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47@...> wrote:

On another list someone was saying that we need to stop using the term “wild camping” as it gives the wrong impression and includes everyone with tents and without facilities. 

Overnight parking places is a better description of what is required for self-contained motorhomes.

Martin

On 28 Jul 2020, at 11:57, Brian Reay via groups.io <g8osn@...> wrote:

Unfortunately, there are people, including motorhomers, who have no respect for others or the environment (and I'm not a tree hugger).  It seems to be a more common in the UK, litter etc is something you see far less of in Europe (or the USA).  I can't help thinking it is partly why there is so much opposition to the introduction of 'Aires' in the UK and people who 'wild camp', even if they are responsible.  I see there has been  surge in  'wild camping' (more with tents) recently due to  recent events and the police are clamping down due to litter, open fires, etc.  This won't do  the hopes of introducing Aires etc any favours.

Several areas (mainly near the coast) near me (I'm in North Kent) have had restrictions imposed due to people in motorhomes emptying waste etc into road drains or onto the road. This has caused even us problems as I would like to use the motorhome as a 'base' while fishing in the evening and the restrictions apply from 6 or 7 pm. 

We always use sites- we like our 'comforts' but I would like to see Aires in the UK so we could, at least, have the option of over nighting on longer trips etc. 

Brian


Re: was Waste disposal now Wild Camping/Aires

Bennett Family
 

On another list someone was saying that we need to stop using the term “wild camping” as it gives the wrong impression and includes everyone with tents and without facilities. 

Overnight parking places is a better description of what is required for self-contained motorhomes.

Martin

On 28 Jul 2020, at 11:57, Brian Reay via groups.io <g8osn@...> wrote:

Unfortunately, there are people, including motorhomers, who have no respect for others or the environment (and I'm not a tree hugger).  It seems to be a more common in the UK, litter etc is something you see far less of in Europe (or the USA).  I can't help thinking it is partly why there is so much opposition to the introduction of 'Aires' in the UK and people who 'wild camp', even if they are responsible.  I see there has been  surge in  'wild camping' (more with tents) recently due to  recent events and the police are clamping down due to litter, open fires, etc.  This won't do  the hopes of introducing Aires etc any favours.

Several areas (mainly near the coast) near me (I'm in North Kent) have had restrictions imposed due to people in motorhomes emptying waste etc into road drains or onto the road. This has caused even us problems as I would like to use the motorhome as a 'base' while fishing in the evening and the restrictions apply from 6 or 7 pm. 

We always use sites- we like our 'comforts' but I would like to see Aires in the UK so we could, at least, have the option of over nighting on longer trips etc. 

Brian


Re: Sat Navs

Brian Reay
 

I like the Garmins. 

We have one of the 'Camper' models in the Motorhome- you can pop in the vehicle size etc and it avoids low bridges, narrow roads etc. It isn't perfect, like all SatNavs it has 'quirks' but we find it better than the TomTom we used before.  

We also have a similar, simpler, model in the Smart Car we tow. 

One major attraction over the TomTom is the update procedure. Both have the option of sticking your Wifi details into the units and you just press a few buttons and leave it to do the update. Not only is it FAR quicker than the TomTom (even with very fast Internet, our TomToms took AGES to update and I dreaded doing it). The Garmins do it quickly and without any stress.  

Both of ours came with 'life time' updates (several years in real terms I suspect). They aren't the cheapest- I think the Camper version was several hundred pounds but a map  update for our main car (a Mitsubsishi) cost £100+ so that puts the overall cost in perspective.

Brian


Re: Waste disposal

Brian Reay
 

Unfortunately, there are people, including motorhomers, who have no respect for others or the environment (and I'm not a tree hugger).  It seems to be a more common in the UK, litter etc is something you see far less of in Europe (or the USA).  I can't help thinking it is partly why there is so much opposition to the introduction of 'Aires' in the UK and people who 'wild camp', even if they are responsible.  I see there has been  surge in  'wild camping' (more with tents) recently due to  recent events and the police are clamping down due to litter, open fires, etc.  This won't do  the hopes of introducing Aires etc any favours.

Several areas (mainly near the coast) near me (I'm in North Kent) have had restrictions imposed due to people in motorhomes emptying waste etc into road drains or onto the road. This has caused even us problems as I would like to use the motorhome as a 'base' while fishing in the evening and the restrictions apply from 6 or 7 pm. 

We always use sites- we like our 'comforts' but I would like to see Aires in the UK so we could, at least, have the option of over nighting on longer trips etc. 

Brian


Re: BBC Four on FreeSat

pj_home
 

Ernie

Lyngsat says its only on 10773 for SD see here https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html all the tuning info is there

Paul

On 25/07/2020 08:54, Ernest Bull wrote:
I cannot get BBBC Four on Astra 2 @ 28E.
10773 H - 22000 finds several new channels, but not BBC Four.
My now unsupported IceCrypt 3500 does not have an option to tune 11023 H.
If you are receiving it OK, could you please post the tuning data.
TIA
_______
ErnB
--
Regards

Paul
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Re: Old style Truma Dump valve

Bennett Family
 

Thanks.

Martin

On 25 Jul 2020, at 13:55, David Scholes <scholesd@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

Suggest you try google translate. Take a photo of each page of the instructions with your phone then just go into the camera part of google translate and pick a picture at a time. I did it with the ADAC stuff and it works good.

David
On 25 Jul 2020, at 12:19, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:


When you turn on a tap in my son’s 1996 Hymer B544, a very small trickle comes from the tap an water seems to be running out via the dump valve (I think). It had an on/off switch and a yellow press button. Any idea what position they should be in. The English Instruction brochure shows the more modern pull up unit, whereas the German one shows the correct one but I don’t read German.

If the unit fails does it default to emptying?

Any clues would be appreciated.
Photos attached.

Martin





Martin Bennett

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/0
image1.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/1
image2.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/2





Re: Old style Truma Dump valve

David Scholes
 

Suggest you try google translate. Take a photo of each page of the instructions with your phone then just go into the camera part of google translate and pick a picture at a time. I did it with the ADAC stuff and it works good.

David

On 25 Jul 2020, at 12:19, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:


When you turn on a tap in my son’s 1996 Hymer B544, a very small trickle comes from the tap an water seems to be running out via the dump valve (I think). It had an on/off switch and a yellow press button. Any idea what position they should be in. The English Instruction brochure shows the more modern pull up unit, whereas the German one shows the correct one but I don’t read German.

If the unit fails does it default to emptying?

Any clues would be appreciated.
Photos attached.

Martin





Martin Bennett

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/0
image1.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/1
image2.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/2



Re: Old style Truma Dump valve

Bennett Family
 

Worked it out.
Switch on & depress.
Works ok so leak is elsewhere.

Martin Bennett

On 25 Jul 2020, at 12:19, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:


When you turn on a tap in my son’s 1996 Hymer B544, a very small trickle comes from the tap an water seems to be running out via the dump valve (I think). It had an on/off switch and a yellow press button. Any idea what position they should be in. The English Instruction brochure shows the more modern pull up unit, whereas the German one shows the correct one but I don’t read German.

If the unit fails does it default to emptying?

Any clues would be appreciated.
Photos attached.

Martin





Martin Bennett

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/0
image1.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/1
image2.jpeg: https://groups.io/g/motorhome-list/attachment/101634/2



Old style Truma Dump valve

Bennett Family
 

When you turn on a tap in my son’s 1996 Hymer B544, a very small trickle comes from the tap an water seems to be running out via the dump valve (I think). It had an on/off switch and a yellow press button. Any idea what position they should be in. The English Instruction brochure shows the more modern pull up unit, whereas the German one shows the correct one but I don’t read German.

If the unit fails does it default to emptying?

Any clues would be appreciated.
Photos attached.

Martin





Martin Bennett

661 - 680 of 102274