Date   

Re: Travelling in the UK

Carol Weaver
 

I agree with Tim, we are members of the caravan and camping club commonly known as a CCC, we are presently members of the CAMC, formerly known as the caravan club and as by most of us as the CC.

I say currently because we only rejoined for the travel insurance in August last year and probably will not rejoin this year.

As Tims says the campsites themselves are expensive, and in our working days back in the 90s will you see use the cc all the time. We now find ourselves lost in the UK during the summer months using the CCC, THS  (temporary holiday sites) these are basic generally in a farmers field or a rugby club where you can jump your Blackwater and get freshwater and usually check your grey in the hedge. These run in price for a unit and two adults between about £7 and £12. They are generally for about 3 to 4 weeks,  They are in various places all around the country run by the district associations.

We leave on Tuesday via outdoor bits for a little electrical problem and then we are booked into the cc site In Bristol at Baltic wharf, which is due to close next month permanently. (My brother lives in the flats next door hence I reason to go) three nights for two of us is £126 something, which to me is extortionate. 

We then plan to leave there and We plan to go to a THS at Monyash, in the Peak District for a few days.

So my choice would be to join the CCC as I think it does far more for motorhomers. 

But join both for year and see what you think

Carol



On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 at 11:07, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Both the CCC and CMC list loads of certificate places, which I'm
finding in these Covid times more likely to have spaces than the club
main ones. But you can't say which turn out to be the best as I've
found they all vary from fantastic to awful, basic (just a field) to
amazingly equipped. Some more expensive than actual club sites.

What I'd do is use the Search for Sites website which lists and
describes nearly all the club ones as well as, of course, many private
ones including pubs with facilities. If you do pick club certificated
ones, you do have to be a member though.

TimS

On 22/04/2021, Richard <edelec@...> wrote:
> We would normally go away June and July to France and further East
> however even though fully vaccinated we are not sure of what sort of
> welcome we might get both there and on our return!
> So we are considering Motor-homing in the UK this year. We tend to use
> pubs for overnights in the UK but obviously that can give a problem with
> obtaining fresh water and dumping grey and black water. Which of the
> groups are best to join to use CL's or their equivalent? We will
> probably be travelling from Gloucestershire, to Lincolnshire,
> Northumberland, Edinburgh, Dunoon, Barr, Llandudno, home.
> BTW for trackers take a look at "Rewire Security".
> Regards to all
> Richard
>
>
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: Travelling in the UK

timsinc Sinclair
 

Both the CCC and CMC list loads of certificate places, which I'm
finding in these Covid times more likely to have spaces than the club
main ones. But you can't say which turn out to be the best as I've
found they all vary from fantastic to awful, basic (just a field) to
amazingly equipped. Some more expensive than actual club sites.

What I'd do is use the Search for Sites website which lists and
describes nearly all the club ones as well as, of course, many private
ones including pubs with facilities. If you do pick club certificated
ones, you do have to be a member though.

TimS

On 22/04/2021, Richard <edelec@gmx.com> wrote:
We would normally go away June and July to France and further East
however even though fully vaccinated we are not sure of what sort of
welcome we might get both there and on our return!
So we are considering Motor-homing in the UK this year. We tend to use
pubs for overnights in the UK but obviously that can give a problem with
obtaining fresh water and dumping grey and black water. Which of the
groups are best to join to use CL's or their equivalent? We will
probably be travelling from Gloucestershire, to Lincolnshire,
Northumberland, Edinburgh, Dunoon, Barr, Llandudno, home.
BTW for trackers take a look at "Rewire Security".
Regards to all
Richard





--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*


Travelling in the UK

Richard
 

We would normally go away June and July to France and further East
however even though fully vaccinated we are not sure of what sort of
welcome we might get both there and on our return!
So we are considering Motor-homing in the UK this year. We tend to use
pubs for overnights in the UK but obviously that can give a problem with
obtaining fresh water and dumping grey and black water. Which of the
groups are best to join to use CL's or their equivalent? We will
probably be travelling from Gloucestershire, to Lincolnshire,
Northumberland, Edinburgh, Dunoon, Barr, Llandudno, home.
BTW for trackers take a look at "Rewire Security".
Regards to all
Richard


Re: AIR TAG

Roy Coldrick
 

Yes I agree Carol. I was a bit underwhelmed.
I hope there is more to come when the full details come out in reviews.

Roy

On 21 Apr 2021, at 19:32, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

As Roy mentioned last week here is link to them


Not sure they’d be much good for Motorhome?  What do you think Roy. I suppose it may show up in a map as phone etc would if stolen?

Carol
--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


AIR TAG

Carol Weaver
 

As Roy mentioned last week here is link to them


Not sure they’d be much good for Motorhome?  What do you think Roy. I suppose it may show up in a map as phone etc would if stolen?

Carol
--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

David
 

I think ADAC actually require a resignation "letter" cancelling membership (I sent an email) which they then acknowledge and, sadly, never to be heard of again. 


Re: ADAC again

Carol Weaver
 

I got another ADAC letter in German of course again. Asking for €79. 

Didn’t make sense if anything else. Shredded and in bin. 

Surely when the cover is of no use to us - only in Germany - they realise we don’t want it

Carol

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 19:01, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
On 19/04/2021, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

> However, we are probably going to sell the Hymer as our style of
> motorhoming has ended due to Covid.  We travel in a general direction,
> then stop or divert when we see signs to certain places.  But
> post-covid, we now have to book months in advance.

Oh, how I ditto that, Alan. To such an extent that I'm now looking to
end my full-timing days and invest in a brix-n'morta base, envisaging,
though, my camper on the drive.

In meantime, I'm going through the stressful insurance/breakdown-like
searching for places/campsites to stay so I can eventually get to meet
up for a well pre-booked family holiday in a Dales cottage late June.

TimS

PS, wonder with whom the Duke of E's coffin-carrying Land Rover was insured...!

On 19/04/2021, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 21:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
>
>> NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue.
>
> My wife and I were with NFU, having visited their stand at a Land
> Rover rally in the early 1990s.  At first only one car was insured,
> but as the second car fell due it was added.  Our caravan, house
> buildings, house contents and a third car were added.
>
> The policies were in our joint names, thus if one of us died the other
> automatically continued with the maximum NCD.
>
> NFU provided a superb service like insuring our new self-imported Land
> Rover on it's VIN as it was not registered and had no number plate.
> Later during its conversion into a motorhome, they provided normal
> cover at no extra charge.
>
> But eventually they became too expensive as the cut price insurers
> entered the market.  Unfortunately our current insurers will not
> provide joint policies.  So my wife who is the main driver of our car,
> insures it with Direct Line.  I insure the Hymer with Comfort.
>
> For breakdown cover ADAC were always the cheapest for full European
> cover.  It expired while our motorhome was not in use, and remains so.
>
> The car being new is covered by Toyota (AA), but that falls due on
> 19.06.21, due to being extended due to Covid.
>
> We therefore will soon require breakdown cover for both car and Hymer.
> The front door letter box over the last year has provided many offers
> of cover.  Green Flag is possibly the best value for money.
>
> On-line searching is very time consuming.  Too many websites don't ask
> sensible questions.  One for example asked, tick vehicle type;
> offering car, van or bike.  I left them all blank as they did not
> offer a motorhome.  Unable to proceed, unless one provided false
> information.
>
> Then there are options like 'Personal' (as with ADAC) of 'vehicle' and
> a few more.
>
> Why don't they just provide a list of options when they show a price.
> Then it's quick to decide.  But one has to go through the process many
> times to get their prices.  I buy on value for money.  I will pay more
> for an extra option if it's worth having - too expensive then no.
>
> However, we are probably going to sell the Hymer as our style of
> motorhoming has ended due to Covid.  We travel in a general direction,
> then stop or divert when we see signs to certain places.  But
> post-covid, we now have to book months in advance.
>
> Alan.
>
>
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

timsinc Sinclair
 

On 19/04/2021, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:

However, we are probably going to sell the Hymer as our style of
motorhoming has ended due to Covid. We travel in a general direction,
then stop or divert when we see signs to certain places. But
post-covid, we now have to book months in advance.
Oh, how I ditto that, Alan. To such an extent that I'm now looking to
end my full-timing days and invest in a brix-n'morta base, envisaging,
though, my camper on the drive.

In meantime, I'm going through the stressful insurance/breakdown-like
searching for places/campsites to stay so I can eventually get to meet
up for a well pre-booked family holiday in a Dales cottage late June.

TimS

PS, wonder with whom the Duke of E's coffin-carrying Land Rover was insured...!

On 19/04/2021, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 21:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue.
My wife and I were with NFU, having visited their stand at a Land
Rover rally in the early 1990s. At first only one car was insured,
but as the second car fell due it was added. Our caravan, house
buildings, house contents and a third car were added.

The policies were in our joint names, thus if one of us died the other
automatically continued with the maximum NCD.

NFU provided a superb service like insuring our new self-imported Land
Rover on it's VIN as it was not registered and had no number plate.
Later during its conversion into a motorhome, they provided normal
cover at no extra charge.

But eventually they became too expensive as the cut price insurers
entered the market. Unfortunately our current insurers will not
provide joint policies. So my wife who is the main driver of our car,
insures it with Direct Line. I insure the Hymer with Comfort.

For breakdown cover ADAC were always the cheapest for full European
cover. It expired while our motorhome was not in use, and remains so.

The car being new is covered by Toyota (AA), but that falls due on
19.06.21, due to being extended due to Covid.

We therefore will soon require breakdown cover for both car and Hymer.
The front door letter box over the last year has provided many offers
of cover. Green Flag is possibly the best value for money.

On-line searching is very time consuming. Too many websites don't ask
sensible questions. One for example asked, tick vehicle type;
offering car, van or bike. I left them all blank as they did not
offer a motorhome. Unable to proceed, unless one provided false
information.

Then there are options like 'Personal' (as with ADAC) of 'vehicle' and
a few more.

Why don't they just provide a list of options when they show a price.
Then it's quick to decide. But one has to go through the process many
times to get their prices. I buy on value for money. I will pay more
for an extra option if it's worth having - too expensive then no.

However, we are probably going to sell the Hymer as our style of
motorhoming has ended due to Covid. We travel in a general direction,
then stop or divert when we see signs to certain places. But
post-covid, we now have to book months in advance.

Alan.






--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*


Re: ADAC again

Alan Morris
 

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 21:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@gmail.com> wrote:

NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue.
My wife and I were with NFU, having visited their stand at a Land
Rover rally in the early 1990s. At first only one car was insured,
but as the second car fell due it was added. Our caravan, house
buildings, house contents and a third car were added.

The policies were in our joint names, thus if one of us died the other
automatically continued with the maximum NCD.

NFU provided a superb service like insuring our new self-imported Land
Rover on it's VIN as it was not registered and had no number plate.
Later during its conversion into a motorhome, they provided normal
cover at no extra charge.

But eventually they became too expensive as the cut price insurers
entered the market. Unfortunately our current insurers will not
provide joint policies. So my wife who is the main driver of our car,
insures it with Direct Line. I insure the Hymer with Comfort.

For breakdown cover ADAC were always the cheapest for full European
cover. It expired while our motorhome was not in use, and remains so.

The car being new is covered by Toyota (AA), but that falls due on
19.06.21, due to being extended due to Covid.

We therefore will soon require breakdown cover for both car and Hymer.
The front door letter box over the last year has provided many offers
of cover. Green Flag is possibly the best value for money.

On-line searching is very time consuming. Too many websites don't ask
sensible questions. One for example asked, tick vehicle type;
offering car, van or bike. I left them all blank as they did not
offer a motorhome. Unable to proceed, unless one provided false
information.

Then there are options like 'Personal' (as with ADAC) of 'vehicle' and
a few more.

Why don't they just provide a list of options when they show a price.
Then it's quick to decide. But one has to go through the process many
times to get their prices. I buy on value for money. I will pay more
for an extra option if it's worth having - too expensive then no.

However, we are probably going to sell the Hymer as our style of
motorhoming has ended due to Covid. We travel in a general direction,
then stop or divert when we see signs to certain places. But
post-covid, we now have to book months in advance.

Alan.


Re: ADAC again

Anthony Oliver
 

Off topic, but an interesting difference between Insurance in Spain and the U.K. (bearing in mind that Spanish Drivers have more accidents than their U.K. counterparts) - In Spain it is the vehicle not the driver that is insured and as long as you are over 25 age has no impact! 


Re: ADAC again

David Scholes
 

Hi Carol

Don’t do contents insurance unless it is there already and I avoid extras though I sometimes do legal and I do do ncd protection.
I often do excesses if it makes it cheaper.
I never claim for little things anyway and I avoid places where thieves are or seem to be.
If you claim then the insurers always try to get it back off you anyway. Businesses don’t live on losses.

David


On 19 Apr 2021, at 11:48, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:


Having been doing the yearly exercise it also has lots of other things to consider 

Do you add NCB protection?
Legal Protection
Extra Personal Effects
Extra Personal Accident

Now with Adrian flux including breakdown which was an extra £95 the cover with no access only compulsory excess of 150 came out at 556.30 £

Caravan and camping club, was £619 which did not include for either of these extra personal effects or accident.


Caravan guard again without those extras but the first one is £691

Safeguard £559.60

Still not had Comforts yet who is our current insurer

Other factors that come into account is that a postcode we live in TR9 6ET in Cornwall and our ages Duncan is 78 next month I’m 75 in June Duncan has five years and his name but in my name we have 9+ years no claims bonus.

It can vary so much if you don’t want to add any of the extras then it’s cheaper

Saga I £533.98

All the above I paid annually not monthly

Hope that gives some indication prices in your 70s

I remember Don Madge commenting about the prices at 80 and I’m not sure if Ernie dead or he’d sold by then

Carol

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 08:43, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
For those approaching 80 double might be worth it to guarantee ongoing cover. 

I suppose it depends on how much you are doubling! 

I paid £451 with Comfort last year (no recovery). 

Martin

On 19 Apr 2021, at 07:53, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sadly NFU were about double everybody else whilst CCC were about two thirds of the rest, for me.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 22:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:


NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue. 

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

Carol Weaver
 

Having been doing the yearly exercise it also has lots of other things to consider 

Do you add NCB protection?
Legal Protection
Extra Personal Effects
Extra Personal Accident

Now with Adrian flux including breakdown which was an extra £95 the cover with no access only compulsory excess of 150 came out at 556.30 £

Caravan and camping club, was £619 which did not include for either of these extra personal effects or accident.


Caravan guard again without those extras but the first one is £691

Safeguard £559.60

Still not had Comforts yet who is our current insurer

Other factors that come into account is that a postcode we live in TR9 6ET in Cornwall and our ages Duncan is 78 next month I’m 75 in June Duncan has five years and his name but in my name we have 9+ years no claims bonus.

It can vary so much if you don’t want to add any of the extras then it’s cheaper

Saga I £533.98

All the above I paid annually not monthly

Hope that gives some indication prices in your 70s

I remember Don Madge commenting about the prices at 80 and I’m not sure if Ernie dead or he’d sold by then

Carol

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 08:43, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
For those approaching 80 double might be worth it to guarantee ongoing cover. 

I suppose it depends on how much you are doubling! 

I paid £451 with Comfort last year (no recovery). 

Martin

On 19 Apr 2021, at 07:53, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sadly NFU were about double everybody else whilst CCC were about two thirds of the rest, for me.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 22:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:


NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue. 

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

David Scholes
 

Hi Brent,

Insurance £345, breakdown £73  

A lot of years ncd 

David


On 19 Apr 2021, at 10:54, Brent <brentiow.c@...> wrote:

Hi David

If you don't mind me asking how much does the ins/breakdown cost with CCC?

Were with them for years but they got so prohibitive compared to others so found alternative couple of years back!!

Think we saved about £200 per year so wasn't just "a few quid"

Very many thanks, stay safe all

Brent


Re: ADAC again

Brent
 

Hi David

If you don't mind me asking how much does the ins/breakdown cost with CCC?

Were with them for years but they got so prohibitive compared to others so found alternative couple of years back!!

Think we saved about £200 per year so wasn't just "a few quid"

Very many thanks, stay safe all

Brent


Re: ADAC again

Bennett Family
 

For those approaching 80 double might be worth it to guarantee ongoing cover. 

I suppose it depends on how much you are doubling! 

I paid £451 with Comfort last year (no recovery). 

Martin

On 19 Apr 2021, at 07:53, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd@...> wrote:

Sadly NFU were about double everybody else whilst CCC were about two thirds of the rest, for me.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 22:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:


NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue. 

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

David Scholes
 

Sadly NFU were about double everybody else whilst CCC were about two thirds of the rest, for me.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 22:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:


NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue. 

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

Carol Weaver
 

NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue. 

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

David Scholes
 

Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David


On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:



Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: ADAC again

Carol Weaver
 


Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand. 

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year. 

Are you moving soon?

Carol


On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS





--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Sign up for SMUGMUG here: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=ETh4Jkg1xE0KE
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


ADAC again

timsinc Sinclair
 

At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS

261 - 280 of 102711