Date   

Re: A man & a van

Bennett Family
 

You have to start 18 minutes into the programme for the Motorhome bit.

Martin

On 28 May 2020, at 22:39, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sorry I only caught the last bit where a policeman seemed to have woken him up for wild camping. I thought the first bit might be good. I’ll try listening to the rubbish bit tomorrow.

Martin
On 28 May 2020, at 22:31, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:

Sorry Martin. I listened to the first quarter and couldn’t stand any more.
No mention of vans of any sort up to then.

David
On 28 May 2020, at 21:13, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I caught the last bit of this on R4Extra about a man doing a van review for “Your Motorhome Magazine”. Not had chance to listen to the rest yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b099yh8d

Martin






Re: A man & a van

Bennett Family
 

Sorry I only caught the last bit where a policeman seemed to have woken him up for wild camping. I thought the first bit might be good. I’ll try listening to the rubbish bit tomorrow.

Martin

On 28 May 2020, at 22:31, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:

Sorry Martin. I listened to the first quarter and couldn’t stand any more.
No mention of vans of any sort up to then.

David
On 28 May 2020, at 21:13, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

I caught the last bit of this on R4Extra about a man doing a van review for “Your Motorhome Magazine”. Not had chance to listen to the rest yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b099yh8d

Martin





Re: A man & a van

David Scholes
 

Sorry Martin. I listened to the first quarter and couldn’t stand any more.
No mention of vans of any sort up to then.

David

On 28 May 2020, at 21:13, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

I caught the last bit of this on R4Extra about a man doing a van review for “Your Motorhome Magazine”. Not had chance to listen to the rest yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b099yh8d

Martin



A man & a van

Bennett Family
 

I caught the last bit of this on R4Extra about a man doing a van review for “Your Motorhome Magazine”. Not had chance to listen to the rest yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b099yh8d

Martin


DÜSSELDORF

Carol Weaver
 

A translation 

Menu
Our information to visit the Dusseld-rf MotorHome Show
Published May 28, 2020

We had already announced a few weeks ago: the Dusseld-rf show will take place from 4 to 13 September, with health measures adapted to the current context. We'll tell you how.

  • © Mass Insseldorf

Stefan Koschke, director of the Dusseldorf Motor Show, commented on the decision to organise the world's largest motorhome show: "We are convinced that the Dussled-rf MotorHome Show can generate decisive momentum for the sector and that it is essential to offer companies a stage to revive the economy. It is also important for us to stress once again that the safety and health of visitors, exhibitors and employees is always our first priority. We will put the required hygiene and safety measures in place in a comprehensive and responsible manner." The majority of visitors to the fair come from Germany and the Benelux countries. The end of the travel alert announced by the German government for 31 countries is also positive news for the show. A few companies, for their part, have made the decision not to participate in the show in view of the health context.

Hygiene procedures put in place

Hygiene and protection procedures will be put in place between the attractions and inside the exhibition halls. The layout of the plans on all areas of the exhibition halls will be adapted, hydroalcoholic gel dispensers will be present at each entrance hall for staff and visitors. Only a limited number of people will be ableto enter the vehicles, provided they are not subject to contact restrictions. Wearing a mask will be mandatory to visit motorhomes. Respect for social distance in the halls will be ensured by video surveillance and a deployment of staff. The maximum number of visitors per day will be limited to 20,000 people. To guarantee this limit, tickets will only be sold online to ensure that visitors are registered by name.

Read also: the Paris-Le Bourget show is maintained


Carol

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: back on road?

Brent
 

Hi David/Group Had nothing direct from CCC or CMC. Did get email from our local group as we had w/e meet arranged at our local CCC site in July and he concluded that he didn't/they would not be reopening until 2021!!!! Let's hope not, not that we use it that much - too expensive!!!! Take care all Brent, nice and sunny IoW


Re: back on road?

Carol Weaver
 

Great I haven’t heard from the CCC!!

If you do perhaps you could let me know 

Carol

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 18:59, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 12:05, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

> Yet to hear as a member, Carol, re CMC sites.

To date, I've heard more from CCC than CMC.

CCC advised me that they were taking my full annual DD fee on 29th, so
cancelled the DD over the weekend.

CMC and English Heritage DDs not yet due.

For NT and IWM we have life memberships.

Alan.



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: back on road?

Alan Morris
 

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 12:05, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Yet to hear as a member, Carol, re CMC sites.
To date, I've heard more from CCC than CMC.

CCC advised me that they were taking my full annual DD fee on 29th, so
cancelled the DD over the weekend.

CMC and English Heritage DDs not yet due.

For NT and IWM we have life memberships.

Alan.


Re: back on road?

Carol Weaver
 

Thanks Tim

Carol 

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 13:05, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Yet to hear as a member, Carol, re CMC sites.

Tim

On 26/05/2020, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
> And for once their app shows it too
>
> DA’s won’t be happy as they get their funds from us
>
> But I can book a club site in July I just tried.
>
> But does anyone know if CMC are doing the same as we are no longer members
> but would think of rejoining for a year if they have CS open
>
> Carol
>
> On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 11:40, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:
>
>> Just got information from CCC that all meets with a start date in July
>> are
>> cancelled.
>>
>> David
>>
>>
>> On 20 May 2020, at 19:53, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>> Lots of places in Scotland don't want strangers - you might not be
>> welcome
>> at the moment. Good luck when you come to go.
>>
>> Peter S
>>
>> On 20/05/2020 19:06:02, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
>> Where will I go (would have done)? North! To escape this south-east
>> heatwave (32C in an today) as well as see many family members in
>> Scotland (where central heating still on).
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On 20/05/2020, Carol Weaver wrote:
>> > Great news wonder if THS will open. They don’t have facilities only
>> water
>> > and waste dump
>> >
>> > Going so
>> >
>> > Where will you go Tim?
>> >
>> > C
>> >
>> > On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:56, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
>> >
>> >> Interesting emaI from my insurer, Comfort:
>> >>
>> >> Tim
>> >>
>> >> The National Caravan Council (NCC), the industry body that represents
>> >> the leisure vehicle industry in the UK is lobbying the government to
>> >> reopen UK caravan parks as soon as it is safe to do so (private owners
>> >> and then holidaymakers but without any access to facilities until is
>> >> it safe) in line with proposals in England no later than 4 July.
>> >>
>> >> The leisure industry contributes 10% of GDP across Europe. The UK
>> >> caravan industry comprises of 3,877 caravan parks and employs in
>> >> excess of 171,000 people. There are over 250,000 privately owned
>> >> holiday caravans on parks. These parks welcome over 520,000 touring
>> >> caravan and 228,000 motorhome owners.
>> >>
>> >> The NCC enjoyed lobbying success earlier this year by getting the
>> >> government to reverse the new motorhome Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).
>> >>
>> >> By opening up UK leisure vehicle parks, not only will it provide a
>> >> much needed economic boost to the UK economy, but will it provide a
>> >> much needed opportunity for leisure vehicle owners to escape to a safe
>> >> open space, where they can continue to socially distance themselves
>> >> and get back to enjoying the great outdoors.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> > --
>> > Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
>> > Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
>> >
>> https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> *It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> Virus-free.
>> www.avg.com
>> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> <#m_-6121914381262565014_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
> --
> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
> https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: back on road?

timsinc Sinclair
 

Yet to hear as a member, Carol, re CMC sites.

Tim

On 26/05/2020, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
And for once their app shows it too

DA’s won’t be happy as they get their funds from us

But I can book a club site in July I just tried.

But does anyone know if CMC are doing the same as we are no longer members
but would think of rejoining for a year if they have CS open

Carol

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 11:40, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:

Just got information from CCC that all meets with a start date in July
are
cancelled.

David


On 20 May 2020, at 19:53, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:



Lots of places in Scotland don't want strangers - you might not be
welcome
at the moment. Good luck when you come to go.

Peter S

On 20/05/2020 19:06:02, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Where will I go (would have done)? North! To escape this south-east
heatwave (32C in an today) as well as see many family members in
Scotland (where central heating still on).

Tim

On 20/05/2020, Carol Weaver wrote:
Great news wonder if THS will open. They don’t have facilities only
water
and waste dump

Going so

Where will you go Tim?

C

On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:56, timsinc Sinclair wrote:

Interesting emaI from my insurer, Comfort:

Tim

The National Caravan Council (NCC), the industry body that represents
the leisure vehicle industry in the UK is lobbying the government to
reopen UK caravan parks as soon as it is safe to do so (private owners
and then holidaymakers but without any access to facilities until is
it safe) in line with proposals in England no later than 4 July.

The leisure industry contributes 10% of GDP across Europe. The UK
caravan industry comprises of 3,877 caravan parks and employs in
excess of 171,000 people. There are over 250,000 privately owned
holiday caravans on parks. These parks welcome over 520,000 touring
caravan and 228,000 motorhome owners.

The NCC enjoyed lobbying success earlier this year by getting the
government to reverse the new motorhome Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).

By opening up UK leisure vehicle parks, not only will it provide a
much needed economic boost to the UK economy, but will it provide a
much needed opportunity for leisure vehicle owners to escape to a safe
open space, where they can continue to socially distance themselves
and get back to enjoying the great outdoors.



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4




--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*





<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
<#m_-6121914381262565014_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>



--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4



--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*


Re: back on road?

Carol Weaver
 

And for once their app shows it too

DA’s won’t be happy as they get their funds from us

But I can book a club site in July I just tried. 

But does anyone know if CMC are doing the same as we are no longer members but would think of rejoining for a year if they have CS open

Carol

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 11:40, David Scholes <scholesd@...> wrote:
Just got information from CCC that all meets with a start date in July are cancelled.

David


On 20 May 2020, at 19:53, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:


Lots of places in Scotland don't want strangers - you might not be welcome at the moment. Good luck when you come to go.

Peter S

On 20/05/2020 19:06:02, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Where will I go (would have done)? North! To escape this south-east
heatwave (32C in an today) as well as see many family members in
Scotland (where central heating still on).

Tim

On 20/05/2020, Carol Weaver wrote:
> Great news wonder if THS will open. They don’t have facilities only water
> and waste dump
>
> Going so
>
> Where will you go Tim?
>
> C
>
> On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:56, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Interesting emaI from my insurer, Comfort:
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> The National Caravan Council (NCC), the industry body that represents
>> the leisure vehicle industry in the UK is lobbying the government to
>> reopen UK caravan parks as soon as it is safe to do so (private owners
>> and then holidaymakers but without any access to facilities until is
>> it safe) in line with proposals in England no later than 4 July.
>>
>> The leisure industry contributes 10% of GDP across Europe. The UK
>> caravan industry comprises of 3,877 caravan parks and employs in
>> excess of 171,000 people. There are over 250,000 privately owned
>> holiday caravans on parks. These parks welcome over 520,000 touring
>> caravan and 228,000 motorhome owners.
>>
>> The NCC enjoyed lobbying success earlier this year by getting the
>> government to reverse the new motorhome Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).
>>
>> By opening up UK leisure vehicle parks, not only will it provide a
>> much needed economic boost to the UK economy, but will it provide a
>> much needed opportunity for leisure vehicle owners to escape to a safe
>> open space, where they can continue to socially distance themselves
>> and get back to enjoying the great outdoors.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
> --
> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
> https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*




Virus-free. www.avg.com

--
--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4


Re: back on road?

David Scholes
 

Just got information from CCC that all meets with a start date in July are cancelled.

David


On 20 May 2020, at 19:53, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:


Lots of places in Scotland don't want strangers - you might not be welcome at the moment. Good luck when you come to go.

Peter S

On 20/05/2020 19:06:02, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Where will I go (would have done)? North! To escape this south-east
heatwave (32C in an today) as well as see many family members in
Scotland (where central heating still on).

Tim

On 20/05/2020, Carol Weaver wrote:
> Great news wonder if THS will open. They don’t have facilities only water
> and waste dump
>
> Going so
>
> Where will you go Tim?
>
> C
>
> On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:56, timsinc Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Interesting emaI from my insurer, Comfort:
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> The National Caravan Council (NCC), the industry body that represents
>> the leisure vehicle industry in the UK is lobbying the government to
>> reopen UK caravan parks as soon as it is safe to do so (private owners
>> and then holidaymakers but without any access to facilities until is
>> it safe) in line with proposals in England no later than 4 July.
>>
>> The leisure industry contributes 10% of GDP across Europe. The UK
>> caravan industry comprises of 3,877 caravan parks and employs in
>> excess of 171,000 people. There are over 250,000 privately owned
>> holiday caravans on parks. These parks welcome over 520,000 touring
>> caravan and 228,000 motorhome owners.
>>
>> The NCC enjoyed lobbying success earlier this year by getting the
>> government to reverse the new motorhome Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).
>>
>> By opening up UK leisure vehicle parks, not only will it provide a
>> much needed economic boost to the UK economy, but will it provide a
>> much needed opportunity for leisure vehicle owners to escape to a safe
>> open space, where they can continue to socially distance themselves
>> and get back to enjoying the great outdoors.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
> --
> Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
> Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;
> https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4
>
>
>
>


--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*




Virus-free. www.avg.com


Re: Germany - Heads Up!

Bennett Family
 

It was done on my 2015 van but made little difference once the dial moved beyond about 30mph. 

Martin Bennett

On 25 May 2020, at 15:55, Wirralgirl <spk40@...> wrote:


Hi,
There was a fix for low light levels, to be done as a recall. Ours was done before we picked up our 2 year old van.


From: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io> on behalf of Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47@...>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 3:01:13 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Germany - Heads Up!
 
You really do despair of designers that fail to make the Speedo absolutely clear to read.

The best speedo we had was in our Citroen Pluriel where you could probably read it from the car behind!

Martin Bennett

> On 25 May 2020, at 14:02, M Stevenson <atcop.co@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> True, however, Ducato owners can't always see the nice dark red speedo in sunlight.
>
> By the time I've managed to see it, I've probably passed the 50km village limit and halfway to the next.
>
> HUDs are OK, but slower to respond when there's a poor GPS signal and useless in tunnels. Mind you, that's the only time I can actually see the darn thing.
>
> It's high time Fiat et-al put a speedo option on the multi readout display, with option of km or mph.
> It's big, it's bright and should be easy for them to do in software fix.
> I asked them several years back, apparently it can't be done!!!
> Absolute Rubbish.
>
> Cheers
> Max
>
>
>




Re: Germany - Heads Up!

Wirralgirl
 

Hi,
There was a fix for low light levels, to be done as a recall. Ours was done before we picked up our 2 year old van.


From: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io> on behalf of Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47@...>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 3:01:13 PM
To: motorhome-list@groups.io <motorhome-list@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Germany - Heads Up!
 
You really do despair of designers that fail to make the Speedo absolutely clear to read.

The best speedo we had was in our Citroen Pluriel where you could probably read it from the car behind!

Martin Bennett

> On 25 May 2020, at 14:02, M Stevenson <atcop.co@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> True, however, Ducato owners can't always see the nice dark red speedo in sunlight.
>
> By the time I've managed to see it, I've probably passed the 50km village limit and halfway to the next.
>
> HUDs are OK, but slower to respond when there's a poor GPS signal and useless in tunnels. Mind you, that's the only time I can actually see the darn thing.
>
> It's high time Fiat et-al put a speedo option on the multi readout display, with option of km or mph.
> It's big, it's bright and should be easy for them to do in software fix.
> I asked them several years back, apparently it can't be done!!!
> Absolute Rubbish.
>
> Cheers
> Max
>
>
>




Re: Germany - Heads Up!

Bennett Family
 

You really do despair of designers that fail to make the Speedo absolutely clear to read.

The best speedo we had was in our Citroen Pluriel where you could probably read it from the car behind!

Martin Bennett

On 25 May 2020, at 14:02, M Stevenson <atcop.co@...> wrote:

Hi,

True, however, Ducato owners can't always see the nice dark red speedo in sunlight.

By the time I've managed to see it, I've probably passed the 50km village limit and halfway to the next.

HUDs are OK, but slower to respond when there's a poor GPS signal and useless in tunnels. Mind you, that's the only time I can actually see the darn thing.

It's high time Fiat et-al put a speedo option on the multi readout display, with option of km or mph.
It's big, it's bright and should be easy for them to do in software fix.
I asked them several years back, apparently it can't be done!!!
Absolute Rubbish.

Cheers
Max



Re: Germany - Heads Up!

M Stevenson
 

Hi,

True, however, Ducato owners can't always see the nice dark red speedo in sunlight.

By the time I've managed to see it, I've probably passed the 50km village limit and halfway to the next.

HUDs are OK, but slower to respond when there's a poor GPS signal and useless in tunnels. Mind you, that's the only time I can actually see the darn thing.

It's high time Fiat et-al put a speedo option on the multi readout display, with option of km or mph.
It's big, it's bright and should be easy for them to do in software fix.
I asked them several years back, apparently it can't be done!!!
Absolute Rubbish.

Cheers
Max


Re: Germany - Heads Up!

timsinc Sinclair
 

Yes, Ern, widely publicised and debated on FB. Even got a TomTom alert
with instructions on disabling such.

Still, think most of us here are over our boy-racer days.

Tim

On 25/05/2020, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
In case any of you guys missed it, the new German traffic act, which came
into force on 27 April 2020, prohibits the use of devices that warn drivers
of fixed and mobile speed camera locations.
______

ErnB





--

*It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*


Germany - Heads Up!

Ernest Bull
 

In case any of you guys missed it, the new German traffic act, which came into force on 27 April 2020, prohibits the use of devices that warn drivers of fixed and mobile speed camera locations.
______

ErnB


Re: Electric scooters

Brent
 

Hi Alan/Group Mobility scooters when used on pavements should only be in 4mph mode (if you have class 3 which is/should be ROAD legal) but depends who's sat on the seat!!!! Electricity can be dangerous - if grab hold of the wrong part!!!!!!
Best wishes and stay safe
Brent glorious sunny IoW


Re: Electric scooters

Alan Morris
 

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 17:16, Peter S <peter@...> wrote:

I noticed that Grant Shapps, Minister for Transport, on the Downing Street Press conference today mentioned using electric scooters and I shouted out that they are not legal. Maybe he knows something that the rest of us have not been told about yet. I notice that on his Twitter feed this has been mentioned as well.
He probably thinks like BoJo, I will probably see this on the news
later. Opens mouth before knowing what he is talking about! Being
recorded, so that swift fast-forward can be used!

David wrote:-

But scooters are illegal and as far as I am concerned they should stay illegal and the police should enforce this and the courts have them destroyed because they are all DANGEROUS.
I'm with David in some respects as probably many their owners are
reckless and dangerous, just like the disability scooters. They are
all capable of being used too fast with no concern for pedestrians.
However, with speed limitations and strict legal enforcement, plus the
need for third-party insurance, they would be ideal for many. This
includes electric scooters AND disability scooters. Their speed limit
should be walking pace on footpaths and pavements.


Alan.