Re: [MH-list] Extended trip to Spain and Portugal


Further complications Patricia with Brexit. If there is no deal, which seems increasingly likely, your driving licence would become invalid by itself on 31st March 2019. You would in addition need an International Driving Permit (IDP). It's further complicated by there being 2 different types of IDP depending on the country you are visiting and Spain and Portugal each fit into different types so you would need 2! The one for Spain lasts for 12 months and can be obtained from some post offices. The one for Portugal and most other countries (lasts for 3 Years) and will only be available from some post offices from 1st February. It may be available elsewhere, not sure. As things stand at the moment I think it would be very risky to set off without these and maybe find yourself without a licence.

On 11/10/2018 07:21, Patricia Thorpe [motorhome-list] wrote:
We are planning a trip of about 12 months to visit Spain and Portugal and using their Aire sites.
Looking for advice please - as ours currently only allow 90 days - regarding
Motorhome insurance
Breakdown cover
Travel and medical insurance (we have European blue cards)
Thanks Patricia
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <>

Join to automatically receive all group messages.