Crit'Air

Trevor Mace

Just received my certificate as a PDF. It's a '3'. The German one I got was a '4'. Do they mean the same thing?
Trevor

On 28 February 2017 15:16:52 GMT+00:00, "'Peter S' pstallwood@... [motorhome-list]" wrote:

See here for list of places with bans – may not be up to date though. I think you will have to check each city/town if you are likely to be there. I have not seen a universal map.

For Berlin, as far as I can see, only a green sticker will do. I have clicked on a number of other places at random and it looks like they have progressively increased controls so that only vehicles with a green sticker are now let in whereas before you could have a vehicle with one of the other colours. Effectively if you don’t have a Euro 4 diesel vehicle or one which was registered after 1.1.2006 then you might as well not bother.

See here re the sticker that you will get:-

http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt/luftqualitaet/umweltzone/en/ausland.shtml

so looks like they are right and you do not qualify. You would have to pay £100 to drive in the LEZ as well – how often do you expect to do that? The same would apply in Germany – of all the times we have been there has only been one occasion when we might have entered an Umwelt zone unwittingly – it didn’t matter though as we have a green sticker.

Peter S