Crit'Air

Trevor Mace

Just received my certificate as a PDF. It's a '3'. The German one I got was a '4'. Do they mean the same thing?
Trevor

On 28 February 2017 15:16:52 GMT+00:00, "'Peter S' pstallwood@... [motorhome-list]" wrote:

See here for list of places with bans – may not be up to date though. I think you will have to check each city/town if you are likely to be there. I have not seen a universal map.

For Berlin, as far as I can see, only a green sticker will do. I have clicked on a number of other places at random and it looks like they have progressively increased controls so that only vehicles with a green sticker are now let in whereas before you could have a vehicle with one of the other colours. Effectively if you don’t have a Euro 4 diesel vehicle or one which was registered after 1.1.2006 then you might as well not bother.

See here re the sticker that you will get:-

http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt/luftqualitaet/umweltzone/en/ausland.shtml

so looks like they are right and you do not qualify. You would have to pay £100 to drive in the LEZ as well – how often do you expect to do that? The same would apply in Germany – of all the times we have been there has only been one occasion when we might have entered an Umwelt zone unwittingly – it didn’t matter though as we have a green sticker.

Peter S

Sent: 28 February 2017 14:11
To: motorhome-list@...
Subject: Re: [MH-list] Re:: Crit'Air

Just applied for one but the website rejected the application out of hand as our van was registered before 1/1/97

Sent an email requesting clarification but I suspect it's like the London LEZ - they will basically be no go zones...

Anyone got a map or list of the current exclusion zones?

Cheers

--Tim A

On 23/02/17 20:16, Martin Bennett martin@... [motorhome-list] wrote:

Peter,

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl!

Martin

On 23 Feb 2017, at 19:34, 'Peter S' pstallwood@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstleistungen/feinstaubplakette.shop.en.php

this is the one I used – very easy. 6euros to cover the sticker and the postage.

If you scroll down you will see a picture of the stickers, click on that and then you can get an English version. Attach a scanned copy of the second page of your V5 where it says Browse. I didn’t send a copy of the whole lot.

Peter S

Sent: 23 February 2017 18:43
To: motorhome-list@...
Subject: Re: [MH-list] Re:: Crit'Air

Thanks Mike - done that now.

Anyone have the best site to apply for the German equivalent please?

Thanks 

Martin

On 23 Feb 2017, at 11:48, skevmd@... [motorhome-list] <motorhome-list@...> wrote:

I have just applied for mine. Beware just searching for Crit'air as some sites are charging for application and are not the official site. One site was quoting 29 euros. The cost should be 4.80 euros. The proper site is https://certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/ which is in English. The only problem I had was scanning the V5C to get it below 200kB as I could not decide if they wanted all 4 pages. I finally did it by scanning as PDF then printing the screen with the PrtSc and pasting them into a Photo program and grouping them together and then exporting as a JPEG at a quality that came below the file size limit. I will let you know if this turned out to be a success.

Regards

Mike

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7998 / Virus Database: 4756/14000 - Release Date: 02/22/17

Version: 2016.0.7998 / Virus Database: 4756/14004 - Release Date: 02/23/17

Version: 2016.0.7998 / Virus Database: 4756/14035 - Release Date: 02/27/17

--
Sent from my Android device

Join motorhome-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.