electical control unit on a Hymer

Steve Wilson <steve@...>

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/vehicles/ says:-

Many modern ‘vans will have two built-in charging arrangements, one driven by the
engine and one via a mains hook-up. In our own ‘van each system charges both
batteries but this is not universally true.<<

Will the above be true for my 92 Hymer B544, I wonder?

I hooked my van up for the first time (in the UK at any rate), ran thru the switches on my
electical control unit, and could see no visible sign of any activity.

What (if anything) should the voltmeter and the ammeter be showing when the van is
hooked up?

Thinking about it, I'm not sure whether I've seen my ammeter show anything other than
a 'flat' zero reading ...

Cheers,
-Steve Wilson