De: Brian <brian@freedomrules.plus.com>
Para: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk
Enviado: mar,5 enero, 2010 17:48
Asunto: Re: [MH-list] Re: Portugal

Thanks for the info Carol.

I wonder if it's necessary to book sites in Portugal? I see the CC
website only shows two, and only one is open all year.
Clearly it's cheaper to book for longer periods but I'm not sure I
want to stay a long time ,although that could be a good experience,
given that I normally leave places after three days max.
As a solo traveller, I am keen to meet others.

Any advice or info would be most welcome - anyone?
But I'll buy the books.

Brian

On 5 Jan 2010, at 16:21, Carol Weaver wrote:

Brian at the time 2003/2004 it was our first trip to EU - and being
green,
at that time the concensus of opinion on here was to book as it was
crowded
in the winter and you wouldn't get in - being people who until then
had only
booked for places like Bristol, York CC sites in winter, and used
until then
mainly CC sites - and toured all the time, staying for anything
longer than
a week was unheard of.

Did we enjoy it - well we did Moncofa (Camping Monmar) which was
over the
Christmas and NY - but I think as much can be said for the friends
we met on
that trip and are still very much in touch with - but the next
site, which
was at Almerimar, Almeria - was really bad, and we stuck it for 4
days and
then phoned them and said, we didn't care, we wanted to move, even
if it was
to cost us more, so we went to Albufeira, which we also enjoyed,
and then
Qateira.

Due to the fact that if you stopped 30 days or more the costs came
down, we
did that - would we do it that way again?

No - for one reason, you can wildcamp if you are sensible, and I
don't mean
herded together on the beaches, which I wouldn't do - but you could
book on
to a site without trouble - but it was a LOT dearer for just the
odd day or
so, - perhaps that is where the Camping Cheques or Freedom Cheques
or ACSI
does come in useful -

Have a great trip

Carol

2010/1/5 Brian <brian@freedomrules.plus.com>

http://tinyurl.com/2vaeqw - Link for the Best OVERALL Broadband
Provider -
from £5.99 and monthly contracts - and 30 days free trial

Yahoo! Groups Links