Yahoo tracking users

gillcolthart <paintedblooms@...>

This article was posted on on of my Yahoo decorative painting groups -
thought I'd pass it on - I have opted out

Gill Colthart

If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be aware that Yahoo is now
using "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user. It's similar to
cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every group you
visit, even when you're not connected to Yahoo.

Look at their updated privacy statement at
http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.htmlAbout half-way
down the page, in the section on cookies, you will see a link that
says WEB BEACONS.Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the page that
opens, on the left find a box entitled "Opt-Out.". In that section
find "opt-out of interest-matched advertising" link that will let
you "opt-out" of their snooping. Click it and then click the opt-out
button on the next page.Note that Yahoo's invasion of your privacy -
and your ability to opt-out of it - is not user-specific. It is
MACHINE specific. That means you will have to opt-out on every
computer (and browser) you use. Please forward this to your other
groups. You might complain, too, but I'm not sure if anyone is
listening. I remember when they signed al lusers up to get spam and
we had to opt out of that a few years ago.

Related article:
http://antivirus.about.com/od/spywareandadware/a/yahoobugs.htm

Please send this to anyone or any group you would like.