Re: [MH-list] BIG PROBLEM WITH CONDENSATION IN LUTON ON HYMER CAMP SWING

W3526602@...

In a message dated 01/01/2009 09:50:06 GMT Standard Time, ernb@supanet.com
writes:

We did!! It was the coal ration. One bucket full per barrack per night. We
had a thieving rotor. Every night two guys would go out and nick 4 buckets
of coal. Our stoves, firebricks removed, and their chimneys almost gave
enough light to read by.

Hi Ern,

Happy days. We used to don out army pattern boots, and two of us we ho out
carrying the dustbin. Anything made of wood was liable to be kicked until it
broke, then carried home in the dustbin.

One bloke got caught collecting coke from behind the cinema. Up in front of
the CO, who said....." I can't understand why anybody would want to steal
coal".

Amother bloke at square bashing put his boots next to the stove. He came
back to find them standing in a puddle of melted polish.

But a red hot stove didn't heat the billet.

602