LTE

ErnB

LG Electronics Tuesday unveiled modem chipsets for its fourth-generation
mobile platform ― Long-term evolution or LTE ― the first among mobile handset
makers here.
I picked up a reference to LTE on a BBC World Service programme. Something
to eclipse Wi-Max, by all accounts. Dead before it took its first breath.
Bit of a record there somewhere.

Anyway, I read all the techno-babble, but as I am only familiar with some of
the words in the Oxford dictionary, I found it totally incomprehensible.

What is it exactly? Is it something that will help us connect up while on
the move? Will it be cheap?

Puzzled,
Bristol