Re: [MH-list] BIG PROBLEM WITH CONDENSATION IN LUTON ON HYMER CAMP SWING

Brian Marsden

At 17:39 31/12/2008, Brian wrote:
I've never quite understood why gas heaters need special ventilation whilst gas hobs don't.
I guess it's a matter of degree.
But whilst I happily cook on gas without extra ventilation, I am told that I should not use the hob for heating.
How does it know whether I'm cooking or not before it kills me?!
Many years ago--more than I care to remember our original camping-car was an old "bay window" volkswagen. We didn't have any heating and although we did not camp in freezing conditions--unless we got caught out--we had our own heating solution.
I had two thermal bricks from an old night storage heater (remember them!!) and when it was cold we put them on the hob after cooking dinner until they got nice and hot.That was our "central heating" and we soon got under the covers. I can remember getting up of a mornings and finding ice on the inside of the single glazed windows. Altogether now--- "those were the days".
Happy New Year To You All.
Regards
BrianM