Re: [MH-list] BIG PROBLEM WITH CONDENSATION IN LUTON ON HYMER CAMP SWING

Andy Clarke <andy@...>

Brian wrote:
I've never quite understood why gas heaters need special ventilation whilst gas hobs don't.
I guess it's a matter of degree.
But whilst I happily cook on gas without extra ventilation, I am told that I should not use the hob for heating.
How does it know whether I'm cooking or not before it kills me?!

A gas hob is an 'attended appliance' whereas a gas heater is a 'continuously burning appliance'

Attended appliances are regarded as being in use, and attended, for a short period of time, continuously burning appliances are regarded as being in use, unattended, for a relatively longer period of time.

The amount of fixed ventilation provided by the motorhome manufacturer usually takes into account these different patterns of use. The ventilation provided may not be adequate for the extended use of, for example, a gas hob, for heating purposes.

Besides that, burning LPG produces water vapour which, where possible, should be vented to outside to prevent excessive condensation. It will also, of course, consume oxygen and produce carbon dioxide.

Andy Clarke
--
www.ukmotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website
www.motorhomemarket.co.uk - The Motorhome Classifieds