Re: [MH-list] HELP PLEASE - BIG PROBLEM WITH CONDENSATION IN LUTON ON HYMER CAMP SWING

Peter S

I think that the problem is not the electric but more likely the insulation in the van. If you do not keep the fabric of the van warm all the time condensation will form on any cold surface from cooking washing and breathing etc. I am surmising that the very fact of you sleeping in the luton compounds the problem as the moisture in your breath is trapped rather than dissipating through the van.

I think the only way of minimising the problem is keeping the heating on all the time and ensuring that there is adequate ventilation.

See

http://www.aber.ac.uk/residential/en/accommodation/condensation-eng.pdf

You can also get condensation forming under your mattress if you have a solid base, that is why the use of slats is now more prevalent. We used to put cardboard under the bed matresses in our caravan to stop this.

I can't remember what van you have but if it is British it is most likely to be a three season van rather than one that is built to standards to be camped in below freezing conditions.

Peter S

Can anyone assist or if they have a similar van have they found the
same problem??