HELP PLEASE - BIG PROBLEM WITH CONDENSATION IN LUTON ON HYMER CAMP SWING

antoinette_upton <antoinette_upton@...>

Here is a problem closer to home than those warmer climates. I went to
Devizes for Christmas and as I was on a Camping and Caravan site,
purchased a fan heater and used it to conserve my gas bottle. I moved
to a rally in Shepton Mallet and although in the grounds of a school
there, there are no facilities whatsoever so its back onto gas for
fridge, heating and cooking. OK here is my problem, I noticed that the
bottom of my duvet felt quite damp and on checking noticed the edge of
the mattress at head and feet where it meets the side wall of the
motorhome felt actually wet to touch. On lifting the mattress this
morning also found a fair bit of moisture in the channels running
under the mattress. I have never camped in such cold conditions before
and wonder if this has been caused by heating with the electric heater
which made the van quite snug and warm and most importantly how to
sort the problem out?? I sleep in the Luton area as I not only find it
comfortable but also I dont have two Westies and a Yorkie sleeping on
top of me.
Can anyone assist or if they have a similar van have they found the
same problem??