Re: [MH-list] What choice of well-equipped 4WD campervan?

Don Madge <don.madge@...>

On Wed 05 November 2008 08:44 Barry wrote

When I was doing a lot with land rovers we used to carry some metal
grills that we could put down in front of, or behind, as appropriate,
with a length of wire attached to the vehicle so that when we got
moving we didn't have to go back for them , just pick them up when we
were on reasonable ground.
In the desert we used strips of PSP if and when we got stuck. Brilliant
stuff but a bit heavy for the average motorhome. Not sure how well they
would work in mud though.

Don