Re: [MH-list] Lille Christmas Markets

tasman2405@...

In a message dated 04/11/2008 11:25:51 GMT Standard Time, tim@hotneedle.net
writes:

Wow an impressive spot - were there other vans there when you were?

I've walked around that part of Lille before and it would feel a lot like
parking in Trafalger Square!!

Thanks

Cheers

--Tim

Tim

When we were in Lille, middle of August, it was very quiet, and, as you're
probably aware, France closes down in August as they all head for the coast,
so no, there weren't many MH's around when we were there, from memory there
were about three.

That said, the Market area seems to be fairly busy during the day as it's
used for car parking too, but fairly quiet at night (could also have been due
to the holiday period).

It's worth a try, and if you don't like it, there's always the fall back of
the site you mentioned, even if it's a bit out of town. It might also be used
for other things during the run up to the Xmas period, so may not be
available for parking then.

Don't think I'd like to try parking in Trafalgar Square, not only is there
the LLEZ and the Congestion Zone charges, there's also lots of pigeons, and we
all know what they do to vehicles:))

Keith