Lille Christmas Markets

tasman2405@...

On 03/11/2008 at 19:04:04 GMT Tim wrote:

We are thinking about doing the Lille Christmas market (having been rather
disappointed with Bruges last year) - does anyone have any suggestions on
somewhere to park?

We stayed on a campsite to the east of the town before but were disappointed
it was so far out and had no public transport links so we were hoping to
find something a little closer in to the middle...

Thanks
Cheers
--Tim
Tim

Don't know where they hold the Xmas market in Lille but - ff you only want
overnight parking - no facilities - you may be able to park in the Market
Square, Boulevard de la Liberte (GPS 50 deg 37’ 52” N – 3 deg 3’ 45” E) - it's
listed in the camperstop Europe book as overnight parking. You can't get much
closer to the centre:))

We parked there many moons ago before we even knew about aires etc.,
however, that was during a summer vacation, not a Xmas market jaunt.

HTH
Keith