From: Duncan in Bideford

Date: 31/10/2008 15:18:11

To: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk

Subject: RE: [MH-list] Speeding [was: cruise control, is it worth it?]

PETER STALLWOOD wrote

But I always want to beat Tom Tom!!
So do I, Peter, but the neighbours complain about the noise!

But, back to the topic....

It is true that ACPO guideline is 10% + 2 mph and this is generally the
standard. However, at an advanced driving group meeting, we were told that
this guideline is overruled on certain stretches of road for any of several
reasons including collision record, proximity to sensitive locations
(schools, hospitals, etc.), local campaigns....

On those occasions, the penalty speed may be reduced right down to just
above the posted limit. As has already been said, a speedometer is not
allowed to under read so whenever a penalty is imposed it follows that the
vehicle instrumentation was reading at or above the recorded speed.

Duncan