Re: Speeding [was: cruise control, is it worth it?]

bobcoates_uk <bob@...>

--- In motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk, Andy Clarke <andy@...> wrote:

On 31/10/2008 09:05, Ernest wrote:

You get 5mph latitude in a 30 zone. I do not know if it a percentage
allowance or a straight 5mph.
We thought that too.
I think the ACPO guidelines recommend enforcement at 10% + 2mph, my
wife
got a fixed penalty notice for doing 35 in a 30 zone.

Andy Clarke
--
www.ukmotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website
www.motorhomemarket.co.uk - The Motorhome Classifieds

Their argument is "it's a maximum speed NOT a target speed".

They don't mess about painting their cameras in bright colours or
telling you where they're going to be either.
I saw one handheld one on a dead straight road in the back of beyond
and he was hiding in the hedge bottom with the gun poking through the
leaves.

Mind you, you soon get the message, DO NOT SPEED in Oz!
But returning to the original post, that makes it great for cruise
control as everyone's going the same speed.

BobC