Re: [MH-list] Solar Water Heating

Neill King \(MH-List\)

-----Original Message-----
From: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk
[mailto:motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk] On Behalf Of Ernest

I was thinking that a single tube, 1M long x 80mm dia. would hold about 5L
of water. 5Kg. If considered too heavy for a MH roof, it could be easily
drained off or even put back into the water tank..."

Yes I guess you could ad-hoc it, I was thinking of a 'proper job' in a
similar way to domestic installations with a separate heating circuit
suitably protected against frost, bacteria, algae, extra pressure, etc and
then needing to be isolated from the fresh potable water with a heat
exchanger. All this being much more complicated and heavier and with some of
the weight in the wrong place.

PS. Remember to allow for significant expansion and also some sort of safety
vent in case of steam generation otherwise you'll blow your taps off!

Best regards

Neill
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk www.motorcaravanning.com
email: neill@motorcaravanning.co.uk phone: 01789-778825
An on-line shop community & reference for all motorcaravanners