Re: [MH-list] cruise control, is it worth it?

Peter S

I had a Citroen Ami with the same type of clutch. As well as the clutch it used to have such good roadholding that I could leave much more powerful cars for dead on the twisting lanes from my house to the station - the car used to lean like crazy though.

There are still cars made with a type of Variomatic transmission  - the Honda Jazz and Mini can have a CVT gearbox.

Peter S

On 29/10/08 09:05, "Mike Shepherd" <mikeshepherd@gofast.co.uk> wrote:

It worked well and with the 2nd and 3rd gears in a line on the
gear change you could start in 2nd and then move into third and that was
all you needed in town.

The clutch was like on a mower, simply a centrifugal mechanism so as the
engine speed increased it engaged.
DAF had a wee twin-cylinder 600cc car-the "Daffodil" with "Variomatic" belt
drive car in the late 50s. That drove like a lawn mower.

Funny how the simple things get dumped.
Bristol