Re: [MH-list] cruise control, is it worth it?

Peter S

Heck as like! :-)) How else would they know?
Some cars have a kind of black box and there could be the possibility that
the police could get access and see what you have been doing. See

http://tinyurl.com/4f3wla

Even the key for my car records any faults and service requirements - the
garage don't even have to plug into the car to see what if anything has gone
wrong. So what else is available from the ca's computers?

Peter S

Hi Ernie,

I understand the ban was put in place a few years ago to try and stop some
of the multiple truck pile ups . It appears some drivers were falling
asleep
at the wheel and running off the motorways at full throttle.

I also understand that the authorities can tell by checking the tacho to
see
if the cruise control is/was in use.

Maybe Keith can tell us whether VOSA can tell by checking the tacho if a
vehicle is using a cruise control or not.

09:27