Re: [MH-list] cruise control, is it worth it?

Don Madge <don.madge@...>

On Tues 28 October 2008 18:55 Ernie wrote

I take it that the cops ask, "Was cruise control engaged?" And the honest
driver responds, "It's a fair cop, guv. Where do I pay the money?"

Heck as like! :-)) How else would they know?

Hi Ernie,

I understand the ban was put in place a few years ago to try and stop some
of the multiple truck pile ups . It appears some drivers were falling asleep
at the wheel and running off the motorways at full throttle.

I also understand that the authorities can tell by checking the tacho to see
if the cruise control is/was in use.

Maybe Keith can tell us whether VOSA can tell by checking the tacho if a
vehicle is using a cruise control or not.

Don