Re: [MH-list] cruise control, is it worth it?

Ernest <ernb@...>

On 28/10/08 17:52, "B WEBB" <woodlake21rry@btinternet.com> wrote:

How does the acceleration work from say traffic lights if you set the
control to 28-30? How about if the traffic is crawling do you set it to
lower speeds?
I do not know how your planned device works. Cruise cannot be engaged on my
Sprinter below 20mph. Getting away is still a "manual" procedure aided by
SprintShift in my case. When I hit 20, I lift the paddle stick and cruise
gets it all back to the previously speed setting, or if moving into a new
limit, I accelerate to the new speed and simply engage cruise at the current
speed. When it settles down I adjust as required.

What I would really like is a means of pre-programming cruise with 3 or 4
speed settings and then selecting the one I want at any time.

HTH
Bristol