From: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk
[mailto:motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk] On Behalf Of Don Madge
Sent: 28 October 2008 16:34
To: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.uk
Subject: RE: [MH-list] cruise control, is it worth it?

On Tues 28 October 2008 15:35 Bertie wrote

I am considering having cruise control fitted, £350ish, is it money
well spent or purely a luxury I can do without
Hi Bertie,

Due to age and disability I could not do the long trips across Europe that I
do with out cruise control.

I also use it a lot in the UK. The people who say it's a waste of time here
are just showing how inadequate they are as drivers.

I recently drove home from the Malvern Show and got on to the M5 about 10.30
am from there it was motorway/dual carriageway all the way home. I stayed in
5th all the way and had to adjust the speed a couple of times using the
plus/minus buttons. I was travelling about 62/63 MPH.

With a bit of observation, anticipation and forward planning it can be done.

That should rattle the bars on a few cages.

Safe travelling.

Don