Re: [MH-list] Tens machines

Bennett Family

In message <C52653D5.80A5%ernb@...>, Ernest <ernb@...> writes
Further to my previous post, I forgot to add that the Bristol Royal
Infirmary dish them out for long term treatment of pain.
Bristol
We've been selling TENS machines since the mid 1970s - they work well for some people, or some conditions. A 70% success rate is claimed by manufacturers however the evidence base is "open to interpretation".

See http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/band37/b37-3.html

Having said that, if I was in chronic pain it would be something I tried sooner rather than later and, other than a slight tingling sensation, provided you're not allergic to the pads or the gel or have a pacemaker, then the risks are small.

Much smaller than the risks of side effects from most medication!

Martin Bennett, Managing Director
Associated Chemists (Wicker) Ltd www.wicker.co.uk
55-67 Wicker, Sheffield S3 8HT. Tel (0114) 272 7676 Fax (0114) 272 6431 Also
Trading as Wicker Pharmacy, Wicker Mobility Shop and H+H System Associated
Chemists (Wicker) Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Reg.No.: 496833. Registered Office: 55-67 Wicker, Sheffield. S3 8HT