Re: [MH-list] Never ending power struggle

Andy Clarke <andy@...>

On 20/10/2008 18:10, Elektrickydicky wrote:
[Default] On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:00:22 +0100, Si B
<musklebunny@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

thanks tricky, two of your suggestions gave us a good laugh at least!
And thanks for the reminder that we get back less than we put in, a good point when factoring in our requirements, and your were right, an electrician checked our "caravan mains charger unit "going into the leisure batteries and its faulty so we are looking for a cheap second hand replacement
I concur with Neil, DO NOT get a cheap charger. Get a "proper" charger
rated at about 40 or 50 amps. If you do not you are throwing money
away with fuel.
Where are you based?
I concur with Neill too...

I'm interested to hear that you suggest a 40 to 50A charger, I would have thought 20 to 30A would be sufficient for 2 110Ah batteries?

Andy Clarke
--
www.ukmotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website
www.motorhomemarket.co.uk - The Motorhome Classifieds