Re: [MH-list] Never ending power struggle.

Si B <musklebunny@...>

We found the same , maplins and comet adaptors didnt fit the dell lappy so we have to buy one of theirs, but it drains so much power even the 300w inverter wont let it run "live " off the leisure batteries, so the only way we get online is by charging lappy while driving off the engine and cigar lighter and 150w inverter arrangement and just using the laptops own built in battery as sole power source when the laptops are turned on

To: motorhome-list@yahoogroups.co.ukFrom: don.madge@tiscali.co.ukDate: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:44:53 +0100Subject: RE: [MH-list] Never ending power struggle.

On Mon 20 October 2008 08:29 Fred wroteDell like many, use a power supply that can't easily be copied, tying you into buying their own 12v supplies. I was told that no laptop manufacturer will be supplying 12v chargers from the end of this year. I have also been told that if you use a generic 12v supply for your lappie it invalidates thewarranty.I have an auto/air charger from Dell, who are ceasing making them from the end of this year, and apart from it constantly causing problems, it uses about the same amount of power as the inverter and 230v charger.Weird I know, but it's there.Regards------------------------------------------------------Fred,I have a Dell laptop and use a Kensington Universal 120W Power Adapter.I think it was Andy who pointed me in that direction rather than using theinverter.Don

X Factor: latest video, features and more. Click here!
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454063/direct/01/