[MH-list] Re:Lunar lunarcy - a new website explains it all

mike.motorhome <mike.motorhome@...>

--- In motorhome-list@..., Ernest <ernb@...> wrote:

On 7/10/08 23:51, "James" <sandyketton@...> wrote:

The contract is with the supplier. Go for the throat!
Correct. Your contract was with Freedom Motorhomes. You deal with
them in
the first instance, although there is no harm in copying all of your
correspondence with them to Lunar to keep them in the loop.

But I say again, your first place for help is Gloucester Trading
Standards.
They may have dealt with other complaints against your dealer, and
make no
mistake, they have powers denied to you. See here: -

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/glos/consumer.htm

Once they get the details they will tell you exactly what to do.
In a
matter that Bristol T S helped us with, they dictated a letter to
write and
checked up about a week later to see if our complaint was resolved.
The
letter did the trick. We had an immediate reply from a director at
company
HQ (A large international store.) giving us a contact at the
Bristol store.
They fell over to see the matter put away.

Your alternative action would be to give lots on money to a
solicitor. Do
not go there unless you have to. What might be useful is to pay a
MH expert
to survey the van. He will write exactly what is wrong - including
lots of
things you have probably not yet noticed - and that will carry more
weight
than anything you can say.

If it is as bad you say, your ultimate sanction would be return the
van for
a full refund plus reasonable expenses.

HTH
Bristol
Dear ErnB

That's a very full and thoughtful reply and thanks very much. The
main parts ordered are two elbows leading water into/out of the tank
and the back bumper. We have heating and water supply as I fixed the
elbows but Lunar or Freedom Motorhomes don't know that unless they
read this. The parts are needed in case of future problems. The
design of the water system leaves those elbows subject to damage and
that's what happened.

Freedom said in early July it would supply the elbows but not a
dickey-bird since.

More important is the matter of the warranty not supplied by Freedom
when we collected the van in the middle of June. We should have
remembered but didn't.

The van is not faulty, the after-sales service is very much so – non-
existent. Do you think that is a matter for Trading Standards?

Thanks again.

Mike