Re: [MH-list] HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor Mace

Ernest wrote:

The problem is Windows. According to the commercials, Micro$oft are still working hard to protect your PC. Sounds like it. A bit like the captain of the Titanic sending out for a packet of band-aids.
Ooooooooooh, I hear a rant coming on :-)

My son's virtually new computer was destroyed when he went on line to Micro$oft to validate his XP service pack. Which is necessarily done with all anti-virus/malware programmes disabled.
You have to disable anti-virus programs in order to validate a Service Pack? Where did you hear this Ernie?

Trevor

--
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
www.driventemple.org.uk