Re: [MH-list] Curly wurly hosepipes

Steve Latham <stephen.latham1@...>

In the engineering business its called recoil hose comes in all colours and qualities and grades. The cheap stuff doesn't recoil for long. As I recall the stored length should be 1/25th of the extended. Try any pneumatics/ hydraulics supplier.


----- Original Message -----
From: Buff Eagle
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MH-list] Curly wurly hosepipes

> c) and then there's the (I think) more modern 'curly-wurly' hoses that
would seem to
> combine ease of use with ease of storage.

> Has anyone here got one?

We came across this type of curly hose at a C&CC site . . . it was just a
bundle of curled up hose which was plonked on top of the standpipe/tap . . .
. it didn't occur to me that perhaps it would take up less room than a
coiled food standard blue hose in a stuff bag, but perhaps it would. Hugh
unravelled it easily enough, and it then just sprang back into the
bundle/coiled shape.

I am sure there are technical terms for what I have just described, but I
can't think what!

Buff :0)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Files area:
To unsubscribe:

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.