Re: [MH-list] Digest Number 1859

Mike <mike@...>

I am thinking of selling my house and using the equity to buy a large
(haven't decided on a large European or American RV) motorhome and go
through France and Spain.
I have a partner and two kids(+dog).
At the moment I live in Somerset and work in London - I have resigned
my job and the house is on the market.
Unfortunately I probably don't have enough equity to buy a house
outright in Spain but since reading and getting 'into' MotorHomes I
am thinking that it may be possible to survive for up to two years
while we;

a: Learn the Lingo
b: Find out where we want to put down roots
c: just have a godamm adventure!

Have I gone barking mad or is this do-able!

I would appreciate any thoughts and advice on this.
bty - hopefully I would have about £80000 but I would want to stash
at least £30000 for any 'egg on face' scenarios.
We're all mad. You have to be...
:)

Just a thought;
It sounds like the kind of adventure that a TV production company
might be interested in...
Theres a bit of a rash of relocation programmes around, but this
sounds different enough to work.

You might have to put up with a film crew following you around for a
bit and also get used to taping yourselves, but it could generate
some income.

Try making a few enquiries via Channel 4 (or 5?)

MikeA