Re: [MH-list] Talbot Express Parts

Mike Pope <mike.pope@...>

Take a cable connector block, ("chocolate block"), and cut the plastic off
to reveal the small metal tube with two grub screws in. (This little
lifesaver can be used for joining all sorts of broken cables). In your case
obtain a short length of bowden cable, (eg. old bike brake cable), loop
round fuel inj pump lever ball and anchor both ends of loop in one end of
connector tube. Connect throttle cable to t'other end of connector.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy T []
Sent: 02 April 2004 11:25
Subject: [MH-list] Talbot Express Parts

Ok I am in trouble now.

peugot parts ordering system has crashed and will not be up until the
middle of next week.

At the weekend the plastic connector that connects the end of the
accelerator cable to the diesel pump broke. The Motor home has gone
back for a re-test but will fail without this small £1.50 pence part.

Breakers yards have produced no joy as its not worth their while
selling that bit Fiat ducatto state they only search by Chassis number
and were very terse anyway and citroen were the same and I am at a
loss which way to turn. Does anyone have some back street favourite
parts supplier for motor homes. Its a Pilote on a talbot express 2.5
litre diesel I need the part for.

Thanks for any advice
Regards Andy T

For users by users - BY-users group
< <> >

Motorhome List Website:
Files area:
For long term travelling/living in a motorhome:


Yahoo! Groups Links

* To visit your group on the web, go to:

* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<> .

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join to automatically receive all group messages.