Re: [MH-list] Cruise Control

Simon Whitehead

On 4 Mar 2004, at 15:21, David Jobson wrote:

Hiliary has mentioned cruise contral;

What is the panel's experience.
I am thinking of having it fitted to my Fiat Duccato.

How much fuel have people found that it saves - if any?

Advice about vacuum control vs electronic control of cruise
control ?

David Jobson
I have use Cruise Control on petrol cars for years. There the fuel savings can be substantial. I found the most beneficial effect was the lack of tension and resultant tiredness. It changes you driving attitude from one of trying to make progress at all costs to one of being relaxed and more aware of all that is around. I think cruise control is great and it is near the top of my list of things to add to my new MH. When you find a good one tell us about it please.

Simon Whitehead
s.whitehead@iee.org