Re: End of an era maybe

Carol Weaver

Steve here’s to you both when you start your new era   I’m sure and hope you will continue to post on here as we would like to know how you find ABNB

Incidentally Nigel uses it in the States and seems always to find nice places

Carol

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 10:13, Steve Pyke via groups.io <esspyke=lineone.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your advice Martin and messages of thanks from others.

We have just sold our Weinsberg to a small dealer based near Doncaster.

It was a pretty painless exercise and the price we got worked out at less than 20% depreciation over six and a half years so can't complain.

We have been doing some analysis and in 29 years of motorhoming we have had five motorhomes, stayed away from home for about five years,  the longest being 100 nights in 2015, and this year only 14 nights. We have toured as far as Slovenia, Germany, Portugal and many nights in France.

I haven't dared tot up the amount we've spent!

Our CMC and CCC subs aren't due for renewal until March so we will review the situation then.

The large empty space on the drive will grate for a while but we have many pleasant memories in log books, photos and on our website.

We met a few of the group many years ago at a couple of rallies, in particular meeting Andy and Don at a rugby ground in Hull.

We are planning some trips out in the future thanks to Airbnb etc and will stay on the list for the time being.

Enjoy your travels when and while you can!

Steve and Sheila