Re: ADAC again

David Scholes

Hi Carol

Don’t do contents insurance unless it is there already and I avoid extras though I sometimes do legal and I do do ncd protection.
I often do excesses if it makes it cheaper.
I never claim for little things anyway and I avoid places where thieves are or seem to be.
If you claim then the insurers always try to get it back off you anyway. Businesses don’t live on losses.

David

On 19 Apr 2021, at 11:48, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Having been doing the yearly exercise it also has lots of other things to consider

Do you add NCB protection?
Legal Protection
Extra Personal Effects
Extra Personal Accident

Now with Adrian flux including breakdown which was an extra £95 the cover with no access only compulsory excess of 150 came out at 556.30 £

Caravan and camping club, was £619 which did not include for either of these extra personal effects or accident.

Caravan guard again without those extras but the first one is £691

Safeguard £559.60

Still not had Comforts yet who is our current insurer

Other factors that come into account is that a postcode we live in TR9 6ET in Cornwall and our ages Duncan is 78 next month I’m 75 in June Duncan has five years and his name but in my name we have 9+ years no claims bonus.

It can vary so much if you don’t want to add any of the extras then it’s cheaper

Saga I £533.98

All the above I paid annually not monthly

Hope that gives some indication prices in your 70s

I remember Don Madge commenting about the prices at 80 and I’m not sure if Ernie dead or he’d sold by then

Carol

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 at 08:43, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
For those approaching 80 double might be worth it to guarantee ongoing cover.

I suppose it depends on how much you are doubling!

I paid £451 with Comfort last year (no recovery).

Martin

On 19 Apr 2021, at 07:53, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sadly NFU were about double everybody else whilst CCC were about two thirds of the rest, for me.

David

On 18 Apr 2021, at 22:51, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

NFU have said the same. If your with them at 80 they will continue.

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 19:11, David Scholes via groups.io <scholesd=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

My insurance is with CCC. I asked about recovery and they gave me a price that was less than ADAC and afaik covered Western Europe so I took it. I doubt if it covers home start but I can sort out my own if I am at home.
I dare not change insurers now because I am getting close to 80 and insurance for a motorhome becomes very dodgy after that. CCC don’t accept people over 80 except for renewals but some insurers won’t even renew.

David

On 18 Apr 2021, at 14:02, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Yes you are correct. I’m looking too as our mh renewal is in May and am awaiting Comforts renewal price. Have been doing others this last week to see where we stand.

If you want hone start etc you will be paying £99-£95 a year.

Are you moving soon?

Carol

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:53, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
At my England address I have received in the mail an invitation to
renew my ADAC subscription for €54. Following all previous
discussions, I have to assume the reduced rate is because it only
covers breakdown in Germany - which I'm very unlikely to be visiting
any time soon!

Any thoughts? Guess I'll be joining those others seeking as good an alternative.

TimS